• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Northwest 190

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Does anyone know any information or have any pics of the Northwest 190 pullshovel? I'd also like to see one in person, if anyone knows where one might be hiding.

Occupation
I cook food for people
my 190-D brochure (circa mid-1970s) doesn't show or describe one, but have seen pics/ads of the 190-D pullshovel on microfilm at the local university library (trade publication called CONSTRUCTION METHODS & EQUIPMENT). Date of these ads are 1968-1970. At least one was used on a big Detroit water line project.
A later version with the "capsule-cab" was known as 190-DA (with a hydraulic cylinder actuated backhoe-style bucket). This later version is VERY rare--only a few made circa mid-seventies......Saw the 190-DA in an issue of Equipment Echoes @ 5-6 years ago.
I'll make it to the library again soon. I can print a small image of the 190-D pullshovel. Copy resolution will be "not very good". Microfilm machines just suck that way. Bigger images work better.