• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Norscot/ACMOC Model Program

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Gavin84W, Chugwater Crawlers, and others interested in the model program.

Yesterday, 13 April, Dave Tallon, Tricia, and I met with Norscot people. From that meeting came some clarity on the Norscot/ACMOC model plans.

First, Norscot stated that in their opinion the antique machine model market will be a more active market this year and in years to come due to the fact that Cat management is increasing its focus on company heritage. Accordingly, they are interested in doing more models with ACMOC than the normal one per year.

ACMOC will be working with Norscot on the following models.
-D7 3T in 1:87 scale to be available as a rail flatcar load or as an individual model.
-#12 open station in 1:87 scale to also be available as a load or an individual model.
-D7 (most likely a C) in 1:50 scale. This model will further utilize existing tooling. It will be offered as an individual model and possibly in a set.
-Terracer (Not sure of the model number yet) in 1:16 scale as an implement for the Norscot Twenty-Two crawler. It could also be “pulled” by an R2 or the Norscot Twenty as well as others. This model would be offered in a set with the Twenty-Two and individually.

Some of these will be introduced in the 2010 calendar year, and some in 2011.

Please ask any questions, but be aware I may not have all the answers as yet. Dave T. is working on answers to some of our questions, which will probably be some of your questions as well. Also, keep in mind these models will be marketed by Norscot in the traditional manner and will not be ACMOC exclusive models.

Personally, I’m excited about the Terracer model. I think it, hitched to the R2, Twenty-Two, or Twenty, will make a nice display.

Regards,
Lee

I'm just passing this along....
All information provided is courtesy of and credited to Lee Sorbel on the ACMOC forum posted today.
http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/index.php
Thought you all might like to know.
Alan627b

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
More information...
Hi Everyone,

Deas and Gavin-My hat is off to Dave and all the other members who generously give their resources in support of ACMOC in a host of different ways. The club is blessed with a great group of supporters.

Art- The DW20 model can be pre-ordered starting on 30 April. Orders can be placed on-line at the ACMOC website, by calling the office (309-691-5002), or by mail. The regular price is $199 with pre-sale price to members of $169. Shipping cost is additional. Models are expected to be available in late July with formal introduction planned at the Portland, Indiana show in August.

Rch101-Fenders were offered as an attachment to the DW20 tractor. We learned that most of the machines operated without fenders and decided to make the model without fenders as well.

Regards,
Lee

Kwabbus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-D7 (most likely a C) in 1:50 scale. This model will further utilize existing tooling. It will be offered as an individual model and possibly in a set.

Any news or update?

Wouter

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Can they make some forestry swing machines? Like a 320FMHW road builder or a 330 LL? Ertl is making a log loader and a processor for Deere. I would really like to see some CAT forestry machines. Maybe even a 527 skidder with an ESCO swing boom.

Last edited:

760Bill

Occupation
retired
527 skidder

Ive made the 527 out of a D6T here are a few pics Bill.

Attachments

• ebay 023.JPG
    ebay 023.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 777
  • ebay 025.JPG
    ebay 025.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 799
  • ebay 026.JPG
    ebay 026.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 783
  • ebay 031.JPG
    ebay 031.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 781
  • ebay 036.JPG
    ebay 036.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 785

Kwabbus

Any news or update??

Wouter