• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No power to throttle or key switch

Billy Doug

I’ve been working on my 311 for about a month now cleaning fuel tank and lines pretty much entire fuel system. So i havnt messed with any wiring. When i parked machine everything was fine key switch and throttle worked great. After cleaning fuel tank and fuel system i went to crank machine and key switch did nothing. So i went to the engine and started it at the started. Machine idle great but throttle turn knob is next to key switch and it will not do anything either. I checked fuses and they are fine. Is there something someone can suggest to help me here. Anything and everyone’s input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Billy Doug

Hope you guys don’t mind im just going to tag a few folks that i see on here that are senior members and maybe you might know something to help me with.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Did a quick search of 311 excavator on Google to find out what we're talking about. So, the first thing I would look for is the master switch. Did it possibly get disturbed? Are there any safety fuses . How about the safety relay. That should be tied directly to the safety lever/bar/arm whatever. Is the safety relay getting power? Does the crank relay get power? Do you have battery power at the fuse panel? Does it power up the ignition dependent options of the fuse panel when you turn the key? Let's see where we have power and what is lacking. That will help you narrow your search.