• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

no oil pressure

I have a T200 bobcat with no oil pressure. I have an actual gauge installed on it. Started and worked with it on 20 degree day next day have no oil pressure. What should I look for before putting in new pump. I put in new timing belt 300 hours ago. What I found here, I will need to pull motor again.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Is the gauge working? I’d check the oil level, check the filter for metal, and try a different gauge.

The bobcat sensor says low and shuts motor off. Also I put on a gauge that shows 0 pressure. I put this on over a year ago, because it would not start and coded oil pressure low. It was plug wire to oil pump sensor.
It only ran 2 to 3 min. before light came on and motor shut off.
I would like to thank all who are trying to help me.

Last edited:
no gauge was used to put belt on. I did not do the work my nephew put it on. I believe he used a straight edge and measured the deflection of the belt??

Ok talked to nephew , we did rent a gauge to put new belt back on. Also cut filter and found no metal. Where would there be a bypass for oil filter. Could it have stuck open when I started in cold weather?

Samuel47

Occupation
Electrician
This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It was either a bad sending unit or a faulty gauge every time. I wouldn't be concerned about the light because you've added a mechanical gauge that shows good oil pressure.

Tinkerer

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It was either a bad sending unit or a faulty gauge every time. I wouldn't be concerned about the light because you've added a mechanical gauge that shows good oil pressure.

My understanding from what I have read is that Chris still has NO oil pressure.
The gauge they used entered the discussion when his nephew installed the new serpentine belt.
Perhaps I misinterpreted what I read.

New gauge is also showing 0 oil pressure. It was 2 1/2 qts low of oil. If there is not a bypass plug on it so I can check that. It will have to go to dealer.
We pulled motor once do not want to do it again. How much damage if I drive it on a trailer, would be less than 2 or 3 min.

56wrench

Just my 2 cents. If it actually has NO oil pressure and that engine uses a spool(or similar) type oil pressure regulating or relief valve, the valve may be stuck in an open position due to moving beyond its normal travel range during an abnormally cold start-up caused by thick oil. In the untravelled part of the valve bore there can be varnish build-up causing the spool to stick because the clearance may be less in that area. I saw it happen once about 30 yrs ago