• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No integrity

Truck Shop

Tonight my daughter is stuck on the side of the road I-90 near Madison Wisconsin with a blown tire
She called AAA it took them 2.5 hours to get someone out there. They installed the hide a spare and
told her it was low on air and she shouldn't drive the car and he drove off leaving her and her friend
there along side the freeway. And AAA say's they can't find any body to help her.

RULE #1 FOR TOW TRUCK DRIVERS YOU NEVER EVER LEAVE WOMEN STRANDED ON A HIGHWAY.
WHAT A LOUSY SACK OF SH!T HE IS. I WOULD LOVE TO KICK HIS A$$.

Truck Shop

hosspuller

While the driver should have figured an alternate solution to just leaving... I can see some risk points of giving women a ride somewhere. After all, 30 years later, a guy can get accused of attempted rape with no evidence.

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
That is BULLS**T!!! You can't tell me that the tow truck company doesn't at least have an air bubble they could bring out to put a little air in the tire!!!!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I don't know a rollback guy that doesn't have onboard air for filling tires. I guess some retards run on cordless impacts only?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Lately most of the wrecker guys I’ve seen could barely remember what side of the truck the steering wheel is on let alone do anything helpful or go out of their way.

I cannot fathom doing what this particular booger eating moron did. Having girls and a younger sister it makes my blood boil.

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
When I ran for triple a our smaller tow trucks didn’t have on board air but we rarely did service calls with them in a situation like that I’d have towed them for free to somewhere with air though all of our service trucks had air

AzIron

I find it shocking triple a expects to change a tire and not have to think that the spare could be low almost every spare I have ever put on is low it's the spare no one checks it

But on the grounds of leaving someone on the side of the highway in winter that's grounds for a lynching where I come from you just dont do that not to mention to women

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Maybe this level of tow truck competence is why Mr. Truck Shop has built himself a tow truck.

Almost makes you want to have a flatbed with winch on standby at the house, to go drag your wife's car home if anything should happen to it.

sled dog

I have NEVER left or passed a woman stranded. And I have never accepted payment for helping. From flat tires to low coolant to broken belts, anything. I have had some lock the doors when I walked up, which was fine, and smart on their part. I have passed my cell phone to them thru a cracked window to use, and I have passed them my wallet to show my I D. We all have Mothers or Wives or Daughters, and hope like hell they never need help, but also hope if they did, someone with or own integrity would show up...

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Here in my little world, south of Chicago, you only stop for seniors. I hate to say it, but that's how it is. Too many "did-n-do-nuffins" plotting and scheming. When I'm out with my wife, she makes the decision as to stop or not. For some reason, she has good judgment when it comes to stuff like that.
On a side note, I chuckle and laugh when I see a Mercedes or Lexus on the side with a spare tire leaned up on the back bumper, as if to say help. Full grown, fully capable man standing beside it. That always makes me laugh.:rolleyes:

hosspuller

I cant count how many women I have stopped for on the side of the road over the years. I have a rule of thumb...…...women and seniors I will stop for anytime, Dudes are on their own. If your a guy and cant change a tire, you deserve to sit there.

Parent's job is to teach life skills.

Before I allowed my prissy daughters to drive, they had to change the tire with the on-board tools without help or advice. I did go behind them to insure bolt torque. They have since, appreciated the lesson.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
My only experience with 3-A was a year or so back right at the end of my driveway!

These two ladies stopped after dark with about the worst looking tire I ever saw, wires sticking out all over!

they had already called 3-A so wife and I stayed with them and offered them to come in the house to wait but as it was not a bad night they decided to stay with the car. Not sure where the guy was coming from but it took a couple hours to get there and we are not that far out in the country, maybe 45 minutes to get to just about any place in the nearest city.

Before the jerk,I mean guy, got there we had the doughnut spare out and leaning next to the car. When he finally showed up barely said a word. Removed flat and installed spare got in his truck and left again without saying a word. He did not even bother to put the flat tire in the trunk!

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I helped my daughter swap her own engine and trans out. She wanted to do it, to take ownership and pride
Bloody good on her. I have a stepdaughter that is flatout becoming independent. She thought the break pads and CV joints on her car needed replacing. She gets all the parts required, rings me asking if I can give a hand, sure I says, But the deal is I don't pick up any tools, just supervise. Gotta love that kid.