• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No aux hydrophilic controls

Crimson

Hi every one I'm a new skid steer owner and i got a 2006 tl140. I got a grappling bucket for it and I found out the aux controls don't work. also if it maters the float control and the travel speed switch don't work. i have checked the safety switch doesn't seem to mater if the bar is up or down doesn't stop the machine from operating. also tried bypassing the switch itself to make sure it wasn't the issues. being bypass didn't change anything. I have been reading on here and keep seeing something about a safety switch bypass to connection and was wondering were that may be at. someone said maybe over the battery but i don't see it anything there. There is a set of wires that might be it but they have wire nuts on them instead of the standard bullet connections, they are at the top of the engine bay towards the cab and one is connected to the ground bolt. i also tried tapping by the relay switches as suggest in other forms and got nothing. any help would be great really don't want to replace a 400 dollar control on both sides for it to be something else.

thanks for any help in advance

heymccall

Firstly, does a TL140 have foot pedal for the auxiliaries like on my TL150 machines?
On my TL150 machines, I can operate the auxiliary hydraulics with either the buttons on the pilot handle or use the foot pedal.

2ndly, the safety bypass is only sought after if ALL of the hydraulics are offline. I can only assume that you can still boom, bucket, and travel. If those functions work, the problem isn't "bypassable".

Crimson

no foot pedals in my tl140. I also was noticing that in most forms however in one of the forms i was reading someone had mentioned if you do have the bypass already connect that the aux hydraulics still would not work. since them wires weren't connected I was wondering if they were the safety bypass wires if so since they are not connected it rules out the previous owner bypassing it to sell the vehicle without telling me.

also forgot to mention that my gauges are not working and the battery light flashes but the alternator is putting out 14+ volts and the battery is charging fine and never struggle to charge. it really is seeming like I am just going to have to go on a wire hunt and track down bad wiring. But was hoping maybe someone had more ideas then that or the switches.

Crimson

so I got the aux hydraulics figured out it is the relay switch. also light were just disconnected and I got a feeling the rest of my issues are the same. I have some pictures of wires and connectors that are disconnected but I cant find anything they connect into. one I am pretty sure goes to my fuel sending unit. If anyone has a tl140 and could help me identify where the connectors should be and were they go if possible. the previous owner has a lot of stuff disconnected and wired around things (bypassing things). just trying to figure what he has going on. also the wiring diagram is not helping since one of the connectors is a red and black wire. i have a pink (probably red originally wire cut) and I cant get into where the other connector is to determine the wire colors.
AF1QipMEoUi64iIClN_t7-kLf3PwqPVQuDJ9GhyfGdO6
AF1QipM0lrNJ-7IZjGr13odolE1aluRTV8lchK71OAO8
AF1QipNTxBS7iGUV9PjPP2IifP8m6IcwgpmLK20sD-K1
these three are on the left side, 2 are in the control valve housing
AF1QipPrMs_zIgSBhd3fOJ80prQ1RODEmyURfy-WJci4
this one is on the right side right next to the control valve houseing
So if anyone can help me send pictures of these on there machines showing where they are connected or if they are suppose to be discounted i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Crimson

so I guess my pictures aren't working. going to try again.
IMG_2663.JPG i believe this plug goes to the fuel sending unit. its on the right side when sitting in the seat. the other 3 pictures are on the left side
IMG_2662.JPG IMG_2661.JPG IMG_2660.JPG