1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

night work pricing

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by wreckTX, Jul 22, 2013.

1. wreckTX

wreckTX New Member

How do you guys price night work? Time and a quarter? Time and a half?

2. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

depends on how much. if its more than a weeks worth maybe a 10%-20% premium. then its just considered working the night shift

3. JBGASH

JBGASH Senior Member

Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
    Time and 1/2 at minimum for us.

4. Scrub Puller

Scrub Puller Senior Member

Yair . . . wreckTX Never heard of it mate, why is it any different to day work?

Cheers.

5. oceanobob

oceanobob Senior Member

general contractor
    no difference in the billing .... noting also we discern 1. less production and 2. the cost to run lights setup etc

6. wreckTX

wreckTX New Member

Exactly, so wouldn't that warrent extra pay? I have been paying my guys more for night work, and was just wondering how others treat their guys. Just seems fair to pay someone more for working graveyard.

7. Scrub Puller

Scrub Puller Senior Member

Yair . . . wreckTX As far as I am concerned any change in rate opens up a whole can of uncontrollable worms . . . for instance when does night-work start, some specific hour or when you turn on the lights?

If I have a bloke work sixteen hours straight to get a boat to sea does he go onto extra pay when the sun goes down and the rate reduces when the sun comes up? Nah, just pay them a bit over the odds and look after them in other ways . . . foreign orders through the workshop at cost for instance.

There are lots of things can be done to provide a bit of incentive rather than stuffing around with rates, keep it simple I reckon.

Cheers.

8. wreckTX

wreckTX New Member

Yarr. I don't know how you do things down there, but I don't swing that way!