• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nice job for the workshop, rolled Volvo A30E.

MitchSA

So I got one of those calls from a customer of ours. "We've rolled an ADT" Went to site and its in bad shape. Managed to get it into the workshop without too much hassle. Finished the quote, just waiting now.

photo0081.jpg

Photo0080.jpg

photo0082.jpg

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Those articulating trucks roll over all the time! You would think they would start putting training wheels on them.

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
Reminds me of a scraper that someone launched off a 1:1 slope without dropping his can.

OOOSQ

We had a customer roll the same A30D four times in a year. All different operators as well... incredible stuff.

rare ss

it takes abitta skill to get them on their side, dropping the tub on the sides easy enough, we had an operater tip a D25C (DJB) water cart on its roof!
i wish i has the pics of it lucky it went over on the off side and not the cab side as i wouldnt have trusted the ROPS on it

MitchSA

Was anyone hurt? Hope not.

Is it going to be cost effective to repair it? parting it out will offset the cost of another machine and down tome wont be an issue.

No one was injured. Maybe just the guys pride :D

I hope they repair it! Sure we would sell a new one but we make more money off of workshop repairs.

MitchSA

Considering the impact I think the ROPS did extremely well! I've got a picture of it on its side but its at work, will get it tuesday as its a long weekend :)

tctractors

MitchSA, I have done a few of these beat up dumpers, I must say they have been "Hard Work" as its only when you start to heap up all the damaged parts that you knew about and all the bent and damaged parts that you did not see untill the other crap was un-bolted, then find twisted A frames etc that realy make the job Fun, any CAT dumper that tips its load side-ways usualy ends up with big chunks of Iron bent, the Volvo's seem to need little else but putting back right side up, I have at least 20 pic's of dumpers tipped over, I have stopped taking snaps of them now, unless they are Wrecked up good, but once the Cab hits hard dirt, the Coins soon start mounting up, its not the sort of work I like to do and I dont try to pick up these jobs, so wishing you luck and I hope you make it worth while.

best of luck tctractors

MitchSA

Thanks TC, I told the customer that we will strip it before I do the insurance quote. It is stripped now except for the cab, all the bent damage parts have been taken off and like you say they pile just grew and grew!

Choker man

All things considered it doesn't look all that bad, looks like it was laid over fairly gently into soft earth. Not like some that I have seen on youtube.

dshanthakumarr

Dear sir, I am ordinary person. I want learn how to repair volvo poclain excavator ecu/ ecm box I don't know your email I'd and confidential ntact number .Thanks, D. Shanthakumarr, Email: dshanthakumarr@yahoo Mobile: ****8807342847