• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newbie from SoCal

Luminator

Thankful to have stumbled upon this place while searching for info .
Picked up a 2004 JD 210 LE yesterday , and am anxious to learn from those with more experience . I searched for quite a while and found this one with 4700 hours on it from a private party . Was used but not abused from what i can see . Couple small issues that i am rolling the dice on . Can't believe what the market gets for them .
I hate buying 20 year old mechanical things from stangers , but couldn't justify more $ for a newer unit when i may only put 100 hours on her a year .
I work for a firm that owns and rents alot of iron , but i picked this skiploader up for my 11 acre homestead . Roads get bad and i am tired of having someone else maintain them . Also will be grading some pads here in the future . Did'nt want a toy tractor and JD seem to be pretty reliable and hold their value down here .
Thanks for add . Sorry for the long diatribe of an intro . 20240211_084033.jpg
- Lou