• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Toy 1969ish International Need Carb Info

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I got this truck for a crane to move generators around. I got it from a friend of mine who doesn't use it. It is known to run good, I have used it. It is known to flood over the carb but right now the problem is that it seems to not be getting enough fuel into the bowl. Likely from sitting around too much.

The screen is clean and the pump pumps plenty of fuel as far as the screw with the hex nut looking thing in the front left corner of the carb in the picture.

We drove the truck off the lowboy 10 feet at a time waiting for the bowl to refill from the electric pump.

Thanks

2015-03-17_17-54-20_147.jpg
2015-03-17_17-54-35_438.jpg

Delmer

Could be all gunked up inside beyond just the float valve. Ethanol and water make a real mess out of carburetor castings. The tank, lines, pump and screen can all be clean but the gas goes bad inside of the carb. If it was mine, I'd rig up a dual fuel system, run it on cheaper ethanol gas, and then switch it to premium no ethanol for the last five minutes or so. So it won't sit with the ethanol turning the carburetor into powder. Keep the gas fresh, and Stabil might help, not enough experience to say personally.

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
Just looks like 4 barrel holley any compotent the parts store should be able to get you a rebuild kit with the numbers off the carb

87silvert

carb

Holley 600cfm vacuum secondary. The floats and bowls are a little different than the larger 650-850 cfm when you are ordering parts. I am pretty sure they call it a side hung instead of the center hung but not 100% on that as it's been a loooong time.