• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new to me TL10 and light weirdness

TnTitan

I just got a 2015 Takeuchi TL10. Everything is great none of the work lights function. One light is missing, but the other three don't work.

So I tested the wires where it's missing the whole light assembly on the front of the machine. Kinda weird. I had power when the key was on. The switch didn't do anything.

So I took the remaining light assembly apart of the front to see if there was something obvious. Everything looked great and I put it back together. Now it works. So I don't know what that's about, but it consistently works - but like my meter, it works with the key. The switch does nothing.

I then got access to the rear lights and tested with the meter. No power at all, so at least that explains why they don't work.

So, not knowing exactly how they're supposed work, my guess is that someone has rewired things to bypass the switch and just operate off the key. And maybe they just ignored the rear lights? My question is does anyone know about some common light issues that someone might have been by-passing? I'm obviously going to have to trace some wires, but I haven't had time for that yet. So I'm hoping someone can give me ideas and the most logical place to start.

Thanks.

TnTitan

I'd start by looking for any wiring that doesn't look factory.
Yeah, I'll be looking for that. I just wish I knew how it was hooked up from the factory. I don't have anything to compare it to. Can you confirm that the original behavior is that the ignition switch would have to be on, but the lights would only come on with the light switch?