• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me Bobcat 843 skidsteer.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Greetings...been quite a while since I've been on here. Business has been keeping this old boy pretty preoccupied, and I'm not complaining.

I just bought a decent older Bobcat 843 on 4-21-22 for around my yard basically...not to use every day or make a living with. It's in really good shape, the fella I bought it from took good care of it and was the 2nd owner of it, me now the 3rd.

I've never owned one, I run dozens and dozens of makes and models as I am an equipment transporter and run everything under the sun when having to move equipment. But now, I have a few questions for the guys that have some time in owning one.

Basically, it's a great piece. I was told by the seller it had a 4 cyl. Perkins diesel, but when I got it home and opened it up, I see a 4 cyl. Isuzu diesel, or at least that's what is embossed in the valve cover. To me, that's not a bad thing either. He gave me a service manual for it, a set of OTT chains, and a set of 36" forks, but I need to buy a mounting plate to put the forks on.

So question #1; Where's the best place to search for a mounting plate, or better yet, a complete plug & play quick connect set of 48" forks? I see them on EBay, Titan brand specifically, around $750.00. Again, I'm not using it commercially, this is strictly a yard machine that I will use for palletized stuff, lifting, etc. I would like to keep it simple and reasonably priced.

OR...can I just buy a generic mounting plate that I can hang my 36" forks on? I'm not familiar with all the different options for these machines, but I see I can just buy the plate that quick connects like my bucket. (48" forks is what I'd prefer over my 36".) I just don't know right off which one to look for, or how to measure for one...? My machine's side is 44" wide and the 2 vertical plates or 16" high, that's all I got.

For now, that's all I know, lol. I appreciate some input and getting an education on where to get a complete set of forks with the quick attach setup like the bucket is, but again, even a mounting plate for my existing forks would suffice for now.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
Congrats on the new machine. Personally, I like Skid Steer Solutions for skid steer and mini-ex attachments. I’ve found them to have pretty much anything I need and at competitive prices. I’d start there….good luck.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
How old is your machine? Can you post a picture of your quick attach plate on the machine side?
Since at least the early 2000's, I believe, all the skid steers use a standard quick attach plate as far as I know.
I know some of the old stuff had odd quick attach setups.

LowBoy

Occupation
How old is your machine? Can you post a picture of your quick attach plate on the machine side?
Since at least the early 2000's, I believe, all the skid steers use a standard quick attach plate as far as I know.
I know some of the old stuff had odd quick attach setups.

I tried to load the pictures Acoals, but it said the files were too big. I don't understand it because all the pics I put up are from the same phone.

Here's a link to the pic though...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5KYhjSG7ACrzN9bX7

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
That looks like what is now standard skid steer quick attach. Any standard skid steer attachments will fit it. As far as forks, if you aren't going to use them alot, the internet stuff is alright. If you are going to use them heavy or be demanding then other brands are better; Virnig and Bradco are a couple I have and like. Depends on what is available around you.

LowBoy

Occupation
That looks like what is now standard skid steer quick attach. Any standard skid steer attachments will fit it. As far as forks, if you aren't going to use them alot, the internet stuff is alright. If you are going to use them heavy or be demanding then other brands are better; Virnig and Bradco are a couple I have and like. Depends on what is available around you.
10-4...much appreciated.

JBrady

If you just have two loose forks, you'll need the carriage to mount them on and then your bobtach connects to that carriage. You might be able to buy just the carriage, but not many people end up with just forks so that might be hard to find. Also, there are at least two different styles of forks/carriage rails so you have to know which one to get.

LowBoy

Occupation
I ended up with a brand new set of forks and mounting plate, American made setup I bought off a customer of mine that I haul equipment to last week. Just happened to see them along with a bunch of other attachments he sells, so I grabbed a set. Now I'm in good shape.