• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New "to me" bobcat 328

firetech

Hello all, just purchaced a 328 bobcat excavator. Faulty pressure relief valve found which is part#6674259 on bobcat website . is there any place to purchase aftermarket parts? Bobcat online has pretty steep prices. Or place to find spool valve blocks and such used?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
In most instances the spool blocks are manufactured by a third party if you look close there may be a lable or a casting identification if you can post a photo of this we may well be able to help you.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
If we can establish the manufacturer of the block we can then try to source alternative parts we are reasonably sure the block is KYB please take a look at attachment.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Bob block.pdf
    645.1 KB · Views: 7

firetech

Thks for the reply. I will attempt to find some markings. What i find disturbing is that when searching for pressure reluef valves many come up for different machines. And all of them reasonably priced. 50-150 bucks. The one i need cant be found anywhere and is way more than that.

firetech

Wondering if there is a hub for used patrs for these little bobcats. I would buy a whole spool block from a damaged machine or something. And then salvage what i can.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Before you go down that street please what is the problem with the valve you have ?

firetech

Ok...salt water has rusted this machine badly. The pressure relief valve in question, part# 6674259, is rusted through and leaks profusely. Even while not under pressure and machine off. Ths spool block is a 7 section (5 spool) assembled block. It all dismantles and held together with 2 tie rods. I am posting pics from machine and from bobcat website. Relief valve #12 on diagram is the bad one. It can be located on bobcat online parts under ------300 series 514013001 & above-----, control valve(5 spool). I will try to locate a part stamping but due to it being individual parts i dont think i will be able to. I hope this expains it well. Also....i can find the part right from bobcat but i am absolutely blown away at the high cost for such a common and simple pressure relief valve when most others are 6 times less cost. I fear i may need more valves (rusty spot) . And at these prices it will cost me $10,000 to rebuild a spool block for a 3 ton machine. Just frustrated!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20190813_184405.jpg
    20190813_184405.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20190813-190410_Screen Master.jpg
    Screenshot_20190813-190410_Screen Master.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20190813-185541_Screen Master.jpg
    Screenshot_20190813-185541_Screen Master.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 17

firetech

Like you have mentioned....possibly i could cross reference the valve to an after market one or factory direct or something like that and i figured the original part number would do but so far nothing. Also figured i couldnt possibly be the only one who has needed this valve and hoped someone had a line on them other than bobcat.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ft
I can see where the valve is have you a picts of it out and dismantled ? That is certainly rusty has it been swimming in the sea ?

firetech

Ya hahahah it looks like it was swimming. If u saw all the pitting else where u would have no doubt it was swimming. Anyways i did not dismantel it yet. Hiring a mechanic to do job. He has more experience than i and considering that i had to sell my first born child for the part i want to make sure this goes as smooth as possible.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
From what we can see we feel sure the block is of KYB make or copy, what is of concern if the valve is leaking from the seals if that is the case it could require a minimum of the inlet section replacement.
In your shoes I would be inclined to remove the complete block split it down and make a thorough inspection or you could be chasing a chain with many broken links. See illustration of two tie block.
The format is not uncommon used an many of the Mini -Midi machines may be find a better one at a breakers.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• KYB SandwichInlet.pdf
    672.4 KB · Views: 6

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day FT
I refer to "Breakers" as dismantlers in some case's machines become uneconomical to repair which are then dismantled and sold as spare parts, it may be worth checking if the valve chest is common to the other Bobcat models (Check part No. with a dealer) you can then make a search on the internet specifying the different models. You can often see such parts for sale on the likes of Ebay ect. I would be some what concerned you have a money pit on your hands as that kind of damage surely is not just isolated to the valve chest.
I hope you find my advise helpful and constructive but it would not be prudent that I ignore the likely outcome.
Kind regards
Uffex

firetech

Thank you so much for the advise. Yes i too have been pondering the same. What is keeping me in the game is the unit shows very little hrs -1200ish. Meter appears to be working Yes it could have been changed but it purrs so nicely. Maybe i am being decieved.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day FT
A few of the guys I have contact have been caught in the same trap a couple have turned a negative to positive by dismantling the machine and selling the used parts, one told me he doubled his money. Food for thought maybe.
KR
Uffex

firetech

Well sadly i ordered the part i need. Very expensive and really a sad testament to the poor service after the sale for bobcat . When things are that expensive to keep running its a surprise that people would buy one cuz things break from time to time. And whether for personal or business use the bottom line is the same........higher running costs. I am putting machine together and good chance its going up for sale. Thanks for all the help uffex!!!