• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me 855D hyd. Issues

Vans855D

Occupation
Crane operator
Thank you. So that’s where l get a little foggy Vtech, if l understand the book, l start with the l/O? Or was it the individual circuits?

Vetech63

Thank you. So that’s where l get a little foggy Vtech, if l understand the book, l start with the l/O? Or was it the individual circuits?
Since you stated that all the hydraulic functions seemed weak, you need to check the main system pressure first. You need to check it in every function with the oil at operating temperature. I use a 6’ hose/gauge so I can sit in the seat to operate/bottom out the cylinders on each function.

Vans855D

Occupation
Crane operator
Get the pressure and your hydraulic operations on your tractor within specs before you hook up the hoe.
Since you stated that all the hydraulic functions seemed weak, you need to check the main system pressure first. You need to check it in every function with the oil at operating temperature. I use a 6’ hose/gauge so I can sit in the seat to operate/bottom out the cylinders on each function.

TVA

Let me ask you something?!
The spools of that red control valve that connected to a section you replaced port relief on - what control levers those linked to?

Vans855D

Occupation
Crane operator
So l have a 4 ft hose/gauge and a helper. Lucky me. I’ll start there. Breakfast is over going to work. Will report back. Might be next weekend. You guys are great. I really appreciate the help.

TVA

And the section that red valve connected to? The one you replace the valve on?
Sorry! I got confused by the picture!
The outrigger control valve is mounted against anti cavitation valve head, and looks like it is a fitting connecting two of those!
Never mind!!!

TVA

No problem l appreciate that you actually know what they’re called. Anti cavitation refers to air in the line?
That’s the valve that prevents creating a vacuum when cylinder is moving too fast! It is opens up that side of the control valve section to return oil to replenish with oil and eliminate possibility of cavitation. Sucking air called “airation”, although those two kinda sounds similar when you hear them occurring!

Welder Dave

When you took the hoe off did you connect the in and out hyd. lines back together so you wouldn't dead head the pump?

Vans855D

Occupation
Crane operator
Yes l did. Thank you for asking. I’m out of town working will return on Friday night. And will get some of these things started.