• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New site is up

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
If you haven’t read it, his autobiography is awesome. I have if if you’d like to borrow it.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The people he rubbed elbows with is amazing. Talk about the right place and the right time in history.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Love the dog pic in the back of the pickup!

mitch504

The old term for a West Sider---------Moss Back or 206'er.:) Plus one thing was left out----------
Blackberry vines worse than bamboo-but them berries are good on vanilla ice cream. :)

Blackberry vines = kudzu in the southeast

Actually, Blackberry vines = blackberry vines in the southeast. We got tons of them, and they are one of my favorite things to eat.

skyking1

LOL. My first Jack did that with those little tomatoes. He'd find them under the bush and eat them, then he realized hey, look at all these other ripe ones. <Nosh Nosh Nosh>

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
The PC290-11 is the carrier for our Falcon winch assist system.
It is a very nice tool as it gives up to 44k assistance in tension on our Tigercat 855. Here is a photo from yesterday.
This was a 78% slope. 20210122_054715.jpg

Attachments

• 20210122_054715.jpg
    20210122_054715.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Tugger2

The PC290-11 is the carrier for our Falcon winch assist system.
It is a very nice tool as it gives up to 44k assistance in tension on our Tigercat 855. Here is a photo from yesterday.
This was a 78% slope. View attachment 232665
Thats serious line pull , what kind of wire do you run to make that on a single line pull?
Like your web site . Your log trucks look good . As ive comented before nice loads ,but not the tire crunching iron wrenching loads i see up here.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
We run 1-1/8" compact swaged so we have a better than 3-1 safety margin on the line.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
We run 1-1/8" compact swaged so we have a better than 3-1 safety margin on the line.
Thank you, I try to have the best that I can so if I fail, it's on me & not for lack of spending or trying.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.