• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Milford CT gas line rupture

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Contractors working on the widening of Rt 7 in New Milford hit a gas line today. Ended up shutting down most of New Milford center for the afternoon. We were working around the corner and "trapped" by the incident and traffic, so I wandered over to the New Milford fire company and assisted (I am a Brookfield volunteer)

Big mistake, but luckily no injuiries of damage to property other then the pipe itself.

John Banks

That's where I happened to be today too. I was on the other side of the river Jesse, headed north up to 202. Traffic was a nightmare, same headed south to later on.

Mark Oomkes

A contractor hit a little main by us a couple weeks ago with a directional borer. 24" high pressure. Talk about an oops and OH !@#$*& Took 3 days to repair completely. Had to get the pressure under 150 PSI before they even started digging.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
they got lucky!!!!! well god gave them the luck!
few years back a kid was running a loader i believe.???
at a large well established gravel pit here in the phoenix area.
hit a large gas line, yeah i know what the hell was gas line doing running thru gravel pit.... poor kid i dont if they found any of his body parts left.
just shook all of us around this area up.!!! didnt help i was working in gravel pit at the time.\
believe it or not me and an old timer at work say a lil prayer in the mornings. just askin for the lord to watch out 4 us.some times we ask for patience where we dont strangle the new guys too. lol :) :) :)