• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New member intro

Old Dozerman

Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone: I am a new member and just joined a week or so ago. I am recently retired after a lifetime operating heavy equipment in the UK and in Canada. In my time have operated loaders, dozers, scrapers, excavators and graders. Started on loaders B100 drott and later operated Cat 933, 951,955,977,983 scrapers TS14, Cat 627,637, 651 and my favorite, D8 and 463 pull scraper. Dozers ran Track Marshall 55, Cat D4, D6, D7, D8. Ran a D9 with Kelly ripper for Stokey Plant Hire for a short time. Didn't spend too much time on graders or excavators, somehow they didn't appeal to me.

I am a bit shocked at how much I am missing work. Didn't seem that good at the time, long hours etc, but now I realize they were good times. Thanks to this site I am now able to hear what others are up to, see great pics and videos and generally feel I am back into it a bit. Keep up the great work.

Old Dozerman!

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
Pictures or it didnt happen! kidding, welcome to the site Dozerman! I can sort of relate to your retirement, by the end of summer I can get a little burned out and look forward to our winter break. But once it comes and work completely stops, I am then at a loss of what I should be doing:beatsme Someone is always doing something on here though, I tell the wife I'm "learning" :)