• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Lowbed tractor being spec'd

crane operator

But you would need a jeep with off-set to use it unless of coarse the have that lowboy also, plus a permit just to drive it empty.

The lowboy trailer comes with it. $151,000 USD is current asking price for truck and trailer together, but they are looking for offers. Neck on the lowboy looks like my talbert. I think it would be only useful off road, you would need more axles for on road use.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Well after getting jacked around for 2 and 1/2 Weeks by the company that had that truck waiting for the service records and the paperwork on the caterpillar Platinum rebuild they just quit replying to me and then when I called there today they sold the truck on Monday to someone. That tells me they were lying about all the maintenance records and receipts they had for it.

So long story short I'm back on the hunt for a c500 truck with 52k or planetary rears and preferably a two speed aux box with Cat Power.

Truck Shop

Needle in a hat stack when it comes to that type of specialized equipment. If it's any good no one
wants to part with it because of replacement cost. And what's out there these days is pretty well
used in many cases. Not that there isn't one some where that fits the requirement it's just finding
it, then refitting.

Truck Shop

From what I've seen and looked at on-line The one below is about it for what I've found. You would have to prune the wheel base add a two speed but that sleeper is the type that is
easy to remove and install a Day Cab panel. Plus the engine is convertible to a single turbo. Lot of work usually more than someone wants.

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trucks/for-sale/30392333/2007-kenworth-c500b

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Thanks guys, and his truck shop said it really makes you wonder why all these freshened up trucks are for sale. Nobody sells a successful business or a trouble-free truck. LOL

Feel free to post the overkill c500 also!

Welder Dave

Probably several options in Nisku since the oilfield is in the dumps right now. The RB site here will likely have some heavy trucks in their next sale too. Wouldn't be surprised if the blue truck Truck shop posted above was bought at an RB auction. Contrary to what some think about auctions there are a lot of oilfield outfits really hurting and have no choice but to liquidate some or all of their inventory. I think last year they had some brand new unused tri axle crane trucks.

Here's a tri-drive and other options at a heavy truck shop in Nisku close to the RB site. There's another place across the street from RB that sells big trucks too. Can't think of the name right now.

https://www.camex.com/trucks/winch-tractors/equipment/14717/2009-kenworth-c500/

https://www.camex.com/sale/

How about a C550 8x8.

https://www.camex.com/trucks/bed-pole-rig-up-trucks/equipment/11873/2015-kenworth-c550/

Last edited:

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
It’s sitting in my friends shop. Came from Mammoet. Their stuff is sold off due to age. It’s it excellent condition. Cat, automatic, 4 speed aux, winch, big planetaries etc. It’s probably a 45 mph truck. I’ll get some pics

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I still have not ordered the new one yet as I'm going back and forth with engineering to get down to 216 wheelbase with the auxiliary box and steerable drop.
I did however get my one new long logger yesterday and the second one is at Lincoln right now getting geared up. I also bought a c500 tractor to build into my yarder mover.
I don't have any real good photos of the c500 but it is a twin steer truck with SSH deer ears and an air shift 5 and at 4. I have never seen one of those Transmissions before. It has half inch thick main rails with a 3/8 in insert full length. The cab and fenders and everything are excellent condition. It was a drill rig and when they pulled the drill unit off they had to take the right angle box and the second stage driveshaft out of it as they went with a drill. I'm going to whack the frame down to around 21020201108_133659.jpg 20201106_092925.jpg 20201106_092925.jpg IMG953257.jpg IMG950519.jpg wheelbase or possibly even shorter whatever the shortest is I can get and still maintain the spread. It has a 6 V 92 which is horribly small but with 683 rear gear I guess it doesn't need a lot of engine.