• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new job pics

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
... at least that's what I'd be saying if I had remembered to charge my camera before work today:Banghead
Course I did get to try out the new cell phone camera:cool2

This week, I'm on one of our other big shopping center jobs, running a Komatsu PC228, and for what could be a big part of this week, I'll be backfilling over this underground basin. (see picture #1)

There MIGHT be a little rock on the job (picture #2)

Attachments

• aiugbasinqw3.jpg
    aiugbasinqw3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,838
  • aicat345blrockyj6.jpg
    aicat345blrockyj6.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,837

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Day two of backfilling. Yesterday I had the D6 feeding me dirt when he wasn't babysitting the trucks. Overall I was keeping up pretty well with him considering I have a felco tamperbucket, maybe a little too well, cause today our D9 came over.:notworthy:eek::Banghead

Pic #1: the office
Pic #2: the D9r
Pic #3: I think I'm in trouble

Pic #4 and 5: New Cat 328d
:cool:

Attachments

• AIKomatsuPC228_1.jpg
    AIKomatsuPC228_1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,807
  • AICatD9r1.jpg
    AICatD9r1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,796
  • AICatD9r2.jpg
    AICatD9r2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,796
  • AICat328dLCR2.jpg
    AICat328dLCR2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,787
  • AICat328dLCR3.jpg
    AICat328dLCR3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,774

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
couple more

There is ALOT of rock on this job. We have a 345 that does nothing but hammer, I don't think it moved at all from the spot it was hammering at today. Can't blast in some spots due to existing (terra-cotta) sanitary lines.

pic#1 345 w/ hammer
pic#2 Sub-contracted crushing crew, I think they are making 3 or 4 sizes
pic#3 345b LME* with new decals and paint job
pic#4 second shift on rock duty
Pic#5 John Deere 8400 with a big ol' disc... in addition to lots of rock, the job has lots of wet sticky clay.

*PS: this 345 ME is the same machine that was sent with us to the big Richmond, VA job this past winter.

Attachments

• AICat345bLME2.jpg
    AICat345bLME2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,723
  • crushing.jpg
    crushing.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,754
  • AICat345bLH1.jpg
    AICat345bLH1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,763
  • AICat345bLME.jpg
    AICat345bLME.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,706
  • AIJD8400disc.jpg
    AIJD8400disc.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,707

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
were taking over this fourm with picts a jimi? got some new hatfield picts comming tonight after the boys football practice:usa

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
were taking over this fourm with picts a jimi? got some new hatfield picts comming tonight after the boys football practice:usa

Maybe a little lol, guess I'll only put three up tonight:cool2:usa:drinkup

Attachments

• AICat345bLME4.jpg
    AICat345bLME4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,613
  • AIKomatsuPC228_2.jpg
    AIKomatsuPC228_2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,585
  • AICat345bLME1.jpg
    AICat345bLME1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,575

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
some pete's

Here are some of our Pete's from work.

First couple are of our Materials division's tri-axles with rock bodies and hydraulic tailgates. The trucks with Aluminum bodies are a little more "tricked out" as hoeman put it the other day, but I haven't seen any of them in a few weeks

Then one of our roll-offs, both were there today, but I only saw the second one from a way off and I was a little busy trying to keep "Push Dirt" from burying me:notworthy:notworthy

And last is Fuel time at Exeter:usa

Attachments

• AIPeteICMdump4.jpg
    AIPeteICMdump4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • AIPeteICMdump3.jpg
    AIPeteICMdump3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,495
  • AIPeteICMdump2.jpg
    AIPeteICMdump2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,504
  • AIPeterolloff.jpg
    AIPeterolloff.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • AICat345bLME_PeteFL.jpg
    AICat345bLME_PeteFL.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,469

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Just trying to keep up with hoeman

and a few more

Attachments

• AICatD9r4.jpg
    AICatD9r4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,446
  • AIVolvoA30d2.jpg
    AIVolvoA30d2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • AICatD6r2.jpg
    AICatD6r2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • AICat930g.jpg
    AICat930g.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,420
  • AICat963c1.jpg
    AICat963c1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,418

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
hey Jimi whos on that ME? I want new paint on mine. I gave in and started cleaning mine than a hydro line broke. now I have to start over. I was almost to the point where I was gonna wax her:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
hey Jimi whos on that ME? I want new paint on mine. I gave in and started cleaning mine than a hydro line broke. now I have to start over. I was almost to the point where I was gonna wax her:Banghead

Pip is running it, I believe it's his machine now, not sure who's running it on second shift. It needed the new paint job badly. Maybe if you're lucky they'll just trade yours in for a new 345D... lol :cool2

Which line blew? A year and a half ago the pressure relief(?) hose off the pump blew, that was a mess:Banghead

Here's a quick video of it loading out a topsoil pile todayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fv6nEL0sgk

Gonna try to add a couple more pics ONE more time tonight...:bash:bash

pic#1: so close, yet so far:(:Banghead
pic#2-4: 345bLME:usa
pic#5: There is ALOT of rock on this job... in this photo alone, there are 7 drills (I think there are 8 or 9 total):eek:

Attachments

• AIKomatsuPC228_3.jpg
    AIKomatsuPC228_3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • AICat345bLME5.jpg
    AICat345bLME5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,385
  • AICat345bLME6.jpg
    AICat345bLME6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,383
  • AICat345bLME9.jpg
    AICat345bLME9.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,373
  • AIVolvoA30d_drills.jpg
    AIVolvoA30d_drills.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,365

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
quoting jimi ::pip is running it, I believe it's his machine now, not sure who's running it on second shift. It needed the new paint job badly. Maybe if you're lucky they'll just trade yours in for a new 345D... lol

hes kinda sloppy! I hate when guys just load and spill dirt all around the truck. that just shows a lack of pride and concern for equipment and yer work area. I was always tought to make every pass look like its yer last. sorry Jimi. just a pet peeve of mine.:Banghead

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
hes kinda sloppy! I hate when guys just load and spill dirt all around the truck. that just shows a lack of pride and concern for equipment and yer work area. I was always tought to make every pass look like its yer last. sorry Jimi. just a pet peeve of mine.:Banghead

Don't need to apologize to me, I'm not the one running it, lol:drinkup I'll admit I hadn't watched him that closely yesterday, but there is a bit of pre-emptied dumping before he gets to the truck, however, he's cleaner than the last guy that was on that machine... :cool2

I want to pick your brain a little bit though, always trying to learn, ya know. When you mention spillage off the truck, do you mean in general trying to keep every bucket load going into the truck, or the overflow that's common when the last bucket gets put on the truck and "doesn't all fit"? I hope that makes, I know what I'm trying to say, but I can't get it out of my brain and onto the screen.:Banghead:confused:

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
he looks smooth enough iguess what i meen is when you spill that material it need picked up twice. even that lil bit of work adds up to lost production . sorry jim if I seem cocky. its just a pet peve of mine. some guys like grading some pipe etc. loading trucks is just somthing i love to do . and always try to get better at . even Rich Bobb spills. just bugs me. I know wa wa wa wa. ill shutup now:eek:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
No, I understand what you mean, and didn't really take it as being cocky. Eventually, I'd like to load trucks too, and I'm just trying to learn all that I can now, so I know what little things to work on or look for when that day comes.

As far as spillage, I concur, one does want to get as much dirt as possible in the truck, the first time, but when that last bucket goes on, there isn't always enough room on the truck for it, so some will fall off either right there or en route to the fill, but that seems inevidable. Right?:beatsme

You say its a pet peev, and we all have them, but I'll have to see if I got video of the guy that ran it when we were in VA, he was bailing dirt "at" the truck, always known for leaving 3 foot:eek: windrows next to the truck, cause "that's what the dozer is there for". No one ever seemed to tell him otherwise, cause in spite of putting half the load on the other side of the truck he was fast:pointhead That bugged me.