• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland W 130 B -2009 error code

L-G

Hi. I have a problem with my New Holland w 130B wheel loader. It was parked with the main power switch off for a few days. And now when I try to start, the yellow warning light flashes and I get error code 9129 (Can msg Engine communication time out). I have tried to reset error, but error code comes back immediately. And it does not start. Case wheel loaders have the same system for error codes. Hope someone has suggestions on what the error might be. Best regards from L-G in Sweden

Midnightmoon

Check can power and resistance at diagnostic port. Then ecu plug wires under the plastic cover after what's mentioned below I've found wires worn through there.

Error code 9129 indicates there is a loss of CAN bus communication between the advanced instrument cluster (AIC) and the engine controller (ECM), or the transmission controller (TCM)

This means there is a loose connection between the controllers (loose wire or connector). Check each connector, and ensure the wires are secured in the connectors, and the connectors are tight to each of the controllers (AIC, ECM, and TCM).

Ensure that the F9 (10A) diagnostic power fuse in the ECC fuse panel is not blown.

Midnightmoon

1. Measure the resistance through the diagnostics port
    1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
    2. Measure the resistance between the diagnostic port connector, CAN High pin C and CAN Low pin D.
    3. The resistance should be approximately 60 ohms
    4. Key on measure voltage between c and a it should be 2.5 and above
    5. Key on measure voltage between d and a it should be below 2.5

L-G

Hi !
The problem only occurred when it was -5 degrees and colder.
At - 5 degrees, the information panel showed normal temperatures on everything except coolant, air turbo, engine oil which showed - 40 degrees.
It turned out that the problem was the EDC 7uc31 and it had to be replaced.

L-G

New update !
The problem occurred again. (Only when it's really cold)
(Can msg Engine communication time out)
So obviously there was nothing wrong with the EDC 7uc3.
The problem was the master disconnect switch.
It has two functions, one which closes the earth conductor - (worked)
And the other feature that closes a + circuit for EDC to start (didn't work)
Always check the master disconnect switch so it closes the + circuit to EDC.
Then you don't have to buy a new, very expensive EDC.