• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland Telehandlers

hvy 1ton

Any have experience New Holland telehandlers? Looking at them for ag applications. It's not a likely option, more just out of curiosity. And while were talking ag telehandlers one of the older deere would be a more likely option.

Boots

Telehandlers are a fantastic machine for certain applications. Stacking hay, working with forage etc. It won't take the place of a wheel loader for durability,(digging in dirt/rocks) but it has much more reach. N.H. telehandlers are very reliable, made by Manitou. Manitou is a French company, but don't hold it against them, their whole line is very solid. Cat, JCB and even Terex are also very good options. There are many other telehandlers of US and foreign make, but I don't know enough to comment

Of those 5, NH Cat Manitou, JCB and Terex, I would say it is a toss up decided on personal preference and dealer support. My personal favorite is the NH/Manitou, they are comfortable and refined, but tough that's a nice comination if you have to be in one all day.

Although they have some followers, early JD handlers did not compare favorably in the hydraulic strength area with anything other telehandler. In the U.K. where green machines are very popular, a JD handler is a very hard machine to sell. I don't know if JD ever fixed all the hydraulic woes they had, I suspect that the damage from the reputation of the first handlers has lead to the demise of the JD telehandler. Boots

JCBgm

Boots,

I'm slightly biased (or more than slightly), but you have a great JCB dealer in your area. Sellers Equipment in Topeka and Olathe. Believe it or not, JCB is one of the top manufacturer's of telescopic machines in the world. The CAT/JLG partnership makes them the largest producer with JCB now 2nd. Previous to that partnership, JCB manufactured more telescopics than anyone else. We just sold a 6,000# telescopic for ag use today. We were about $3k higher than NH, but the customer is more comfortable with us than the NH dealer. We did spec out slightly better. Keep in mind this price difference included a trade. They were trading a 2 year old CAT. The difference was mostly in the trade value.

skata

JCBgm,
do you have any info on the new loadalls that are supposed to be at conexpo?

JCBgm

There are going to be a bunch of new machines. Among the Loadalls are the new Hi-Viz models. They'll replace the 535 series Loadalls. Pin height at the rear of the boom has been lowered 9" and wheelbase is about 12" shorter.

I can't recall the name/model of the replacement to the 506/508 lift and place machines. They have been redesigned with pilot hydraulics, improved cab ergonomics, smaller tires/lowered cab entry, and can't recall much else.

There is supposed to be a new ultra compact loadall as well. Even smaller than the 524 machines.

Backhoe cab has been updated.

New 520 (52 ton) excavator.

They will have 50,000 square feet and a 3 story building on-site. Cirque performers.

I'm told it will be VERY impressive.