• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new holland ls180 boom float detent weirdness

John V

Hey, I'm trying to figure out what's up with the boom float detent on my 2000 ls180. Has normal foot controls for boom/bucket. The left foot pedal (boom) has a detent if you push the toe all the way down. It's supposed to float the boom according to the operators manual. However, when I push the pedal to the detent, it actuates my aux hydro lever down and locks the boom valve down. For example, if I have the boom up in the air and press the pedal to the detent, the boom goes all the way to the ground and lifts the front of the machine up, instead of floating. You can hear the hydraulics bypassing.

I bought the machine a few years ago with about 4500 hrs on it. I'm guessing a previous owner messed something up with the linkages? Any other ideas?

John V

Yes it does.
Other strangeness: I can’t find the detention for the aux hydro hand control, I use the little lock pin to keep it engaged when running something with a motor. Audi can tilt down and boom down with the aux hydro running.

John V

Found some time to dig into this today. Turns out the bushings (item 10 in the diagram) were seized to the boom linkage shaft (item 1), causing the auxiliary valve to be actuated with the boom foot pedal after a certain degree of pivoting the foot pedal (ie when trying to put the boom in the float detent). Took apart both boom/bucket linkages, unseized the bushing/shaft, and it's playing well together. Able to use boom float which is a godsend.

Still can't find the aux hydro detent for continuous flow. The operator's manual says
Moving the handle down all the way, the handle
will put the control valve into detent position to
give continuous oil flow to an attachment, the
handle will stay in this position until the operator
moves the handle.[\quote] but it ain't working. Perhaps the control valve isn't being pushed far enough in to reach the detent. Not sure yet.

Attachments

• ls180 foot pedal diagram.png
    ls180 foot pedal diagram.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 9