• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland ls170 is my turbo working correctly?

topfli8979

My wastegate linkage on the turbo never moves while engine is running at any throttle position. The linkage is free I can manually move it. Should it be moving?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
A waste gate is designed to dump off excessive pressure build up and forcing to much air into the cylinders.
The real problem accurs when they get stuck OPEN & theres NO air pressure being fed into the cylinders..
Don't worry about it.. it sounds like your not stressing out your engine enough for it to open.. that's a good thing..

Delmer

How can you see the wastegate when it's under load? Put a boost pressure gauge on it temporarily if you're worried. There's usually a port, all you need is a threaded barbed adapter and some tubing, and a pressure gauge.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Delmer, your right on.. a waste gate wont open, sitting in the yard, reving the engine w/ the hood up..
It has to have a line hooked to it, run to the cab and read while the engine is working.. HARD..
If your looking for a low power problem, a stuck closed WG, probably aint it..