• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland L553, right side drive motor locked up

lap4768

Have NH L553 that when I recently started it and driving out of shop and made a right hand turn, the drive motor locked up tight, loader wasn't under any load when this happened. But when removed inspection cover between wheels drive motor output shaft is solidly locked. Is there any hope for this drive motor ??

lap4768

Yes I checked them, and everything about the chains we're in good condition, but drive motor out put shaft locked tight

lap4768

Are internal drive motor parts available aftermarket,,? Who manufacturered the drive motor on the 553's

DIYDAVE

Are internal drive motor parts available aftermarket,,? Who manufacturered the drive motor on the 553's

Most every motor can be found, if you have a good hydraulic guy. I found a new motor from a guy in Baltimore, who supplied it to me for about 60% of what the dealer wanted. He said mine could not be rebuilt economically, because a keyway had ripped out, and the armature, in question was too pricey. Get a tag number, offa the motor in question, and get a hold of Chet, @ Hydraulic power, Phone # 410-574-0501. Let me know how it turns out, haven't had cause to contact him in a coupla years...