• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New holland 555e backhoe torque converter

corey1980

I have a new holland 555e backhoe that i installed a factory reman shuttle and reman torque converter. Started the machine for the first time and can't get any movement. Installed some gauges and I have no torque converter pressure or system pressure on the shuttle. It's full of oil,, I think I can't get the transmission pump to prime or the torque converter to fill. Anyone know how to prime one of these without taking it back apart

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Did you fill the converter before you slid it on the shaft? By reman shuttle are you saying you replaced the trans? How long have you let it run? It may take a while and a couple of top ups to fill an empty converter.

El Hombre

I've heard of making up a pressure hose to feed oil into the same ports you use to check pressures with the gauges.

This is about where you consult your factory service manual to check the fluid paths thru the trans so you can look for check valves and such.

Usually it was an engine we were trying to fill, some don't have an easy way to turn the oil pump except by cranking the engine. So we shot the oil back thru the oil pressure sender port. Usually worked....