• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New holland 555 serial number location

rumblecloud

Occupation
Living the dream...:]
Hey Swetz...Thanks.
It's on the way as we speak. will post pics later tonight after I'm done luvin' on it

:p

cosmaar1

Well, today is the day. Nervous.
A few things:
I know hoses are going to need replacing as they blow or as a preventative measure. No issues with that. There are a couple of hydraulic shops in the area.

@cosmaar1
One thing I am not up on is the Diff lock. It does have one as I think Cosmaar mentioned. It does not function. Stuck in the up position. I was told by the sales person ( I don't like to use that description for this guy b-cuz that has a kind of negative tone to it) He's more of an operator/mechanic person. I trust him) that he has never used them as they tend to diminish your steering/maneuverability.

My question is are repairs to this difficult and what are the negatives -- how bad can it be?

I know, really broad question. Other than the Diff lock, the machine runs great. I had it out in their dig yard for about an hour on Saturday just getting more familiar with it. All the controls work well. Hydraulics are smooth. No leaking cylinders. Seriously cannot find anything else wrong with - well little things that you would expect from a 26 year old machine designed to do what it does.

Anyway, thank you all for your advice and help on this. You have no idea how much it has helped.

R

Forgot to mention it has a 30 day return for trade or refund.

When I bought mine the diff lock was stuck in the engaged position and my dad said it was very difficult to steer and drive.

In the 4 years I’ve owned it, I have never used it. To be honest after my dad got it disengaged, we never did go back and actually fix it.

rumblecloud

Occupation
Living the dream...:]
Arrived at 2:40 this afternoon.
Yes, it still has the small bucket. Will look for a bigger 2-footer if my wife lets me keep it.
Everything is still so wet I can't get out to dig the trenches needed to help drain the swamp. That's one of the reasons I don't mind the smaller bucket.

20230410_152730.jpg

cosmaar1

Arrived at 2:40 this afternoon.
Yes, it still has the small bucket. Will look for a bigger 2-footer if my wife lets me keep it.
Everything is still so wet I can't get out to dig the trenches needed to help drain the swamp. That's one of the reasons I don't mind the smaller bucket.

View attachment 283671
Pm me your email address and I will send you the manuals.