• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new guy

bearbranch

Occupation
tug boat captain work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off
hello to everyone, my name is Joe 56 yrs old, i work out of New York, captain of an ocean going tug (29 yrs.)..... The good part is i live in northwest fl. on 60 ac. of hardwoods surrounded by state forest. I have lived on the property for the past twelve years in my 600 sq ft cabin, i moved my mom on the property last year after my dad died, her house is quit a bit larger. Mom makes sure my Southern black mouth cur dogs are fed and alert to watch my toys,LOL. The latest being a ford 555D backhoe which brings me to this site, have been reading a lot already... i knew the guy i bought it from it runs and works good, its going to need brakes repaired but i can dig stumps and work it till then. :)But like everything else, the hoe showed up after i was on the plane and I didn't get to play with it.