• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Guy in Missouri

FRodriguez

:wierdt Hi all, First off I would like to say Iam a green Horn to heavy equipment. The only experience I have is at my grandfathers machine Shop in Miami when i was a kid :). I just Recently put in a application to the Operators Union Apprenticeship Program. But, They dont select canidates till October at the earlist. So I figured I could do some reserch.

First - What is a Union? Growing up My Grandfather is from the old country ( Cuba ) and always said they were some sort of communist Organization ( Like I said he is OLD ) What are they for I guess in Miami they arent spoken about to often ?

Second- What is the IOUE all about? I have an Expecting Child and well cant afford to jerked around if the organization is a sham ( Which I doubt but would like to hear peoples oppinon on it )

Third - I heard Union Dictate on how there members vote? ( I think that just might be a old wives tell but would like to know)

I know its alot but any Information would be great. Thank you in advance and God bless

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF FRodriguez! :drinkup

If you type "Union" in the search tab at the top of the page, you will find several threads where unions are being discussed. :thumbsup