• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New guy from Idaho

Mirage100

Hi guys new guy from Idaho. Found this web sight searching the web. I got 12 acres in Idaho with a river on it and I need a piece of equipment to maintain the banks and 1 mile of BLM land to my house. Look to buy used. Wanted to find a place to ask some questions. So here I am . Thanks for letting me in. Mirage

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Welcome..
It’s a good place to get answers about machines BEFORE AND AFTER u purchase 1..
It’s ALWAYS BEST to ask about a particular machine before going to look at it.. (known faults) and DONT FORGET to get the serial number off anything that interests you.. THAT WAY, u can get specifics on the engine..
Some machines r nice, but u can’t get parts for them anymore.. or they’re way overpriced..
U get the idea..
Oh, 1 more piece of advice.. when going to look at a machine, Don’t even think about buying 1 if it’s already started and running.!!
U want to check out a machine when ITS COLD.!! Who’s to say the seller didn’t start it w ether or the hydros don’t work until it’s been idling for an hour.??!!
THESE r the things u need to b aware of..
Always walk up to a machine and touch the engine beforehand..
Good luck and let us know how it goes..

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Welcome, as mentioned above, great source of information . Knowing some things to look for prior to looking gives a tremendous advantage. Like thepumpguysc says, always check for a warm engine. You want to see it start cold, that way you hear and see the knocks, wheezes and smoke that might be hiding something bigger.