• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Gal Here

637catwoman

Hi everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I have been into heavy equipment operating for as long as I can remember. Strange for a lady to say, but yes something about those big yellow earthmovers, just really got to me as a kid. I joined the Navy and became a equipment operator for the Seabees, did that for 10 years. I got out, did some work in Seattle for a few years, rains to much up there so I moved to Denver CO. I work for a large earth moving company here. I operated a 637 scraper (hence the User ID) for about 7 years, and for the past 3 I have been a foreman. I really enjoyed running one, but they are a young mans machine, body just can't take it anymore. I look forward to meeting you guys and every now and again throwing my 2 cents out there. You all have a great day

Jeff D.

Welcome 637catwoman, glad you decided to join us. We can always use more members, and some diversity doesn't hurt either.:thumbsup

So are you lucky enough to be up in the mountains, or are you down on the flats? I've been through that area a few times in the truck, and I always got a kick out of the signs as you're coming down the grade into Denver. One read "Don't let it fool you trucker, it still along ways to the bottom" or something like that.:bouncegri

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
...and for the past 3 I have been a foreman.

And I'm sure you just scored a few points by not referring to yourself as a foreperson. :)

Welcome to the forums!

637catwoman

Thanks for the friendly welcome. You don't know how many times at work the guys insist on calling me forewoman, in jest, but it drives me nuts, and the crazier I get the more they do it. Trust me, I am one for equal oppurtunity, but in this occupation a woman has to pull their own weight if not more, so no matter what the gender, if you can do the job, who cares what the title is.

As for where the company works, well we do both areas, we currently have two jobs in the mountains, ( Eagle and Grandby) but the majority is down in the surounding Denver area, and one currently going on in Colo Springs.

Once again, thanks for the friendly welcome and I look forward to being part of this forum.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
welcome glad to have you!!!
yes maam running scraper in production setting is definetly for the younger guys (ooops or gals lol). i run a cadillac once a week (627G) i sure do hurt the next day....
take care...