• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New from Port Alberni

Trainman

:waving Just saying Hi from Port Alberni, BC on the west coast of Canada :canada. I work in forestry for one of the bigger coastal companies, with an office here in PA as well as Campbell River.

My main interest to be honest is railways, hence my user name ;) I found the site while searching for information on some of the older, now generally gone, logging camps and found a neat thread on those, so thought I would join up. Looks like a good place, and I look forward to contributing what I can, and learning lots too I am thinking. I have worked around equipment, and had to do the engineering/layout for logging shows, but never got any seat time.

Unofficially been in the business since I was 12 when I got sent to Kilbella Bay in Rivers Inlet and its been a fun 30+ years since.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Tman

wornout wrench

Welcome to the forum Trainman

Always good to see another westcoaster here, and a logger at that.

Looking forward to hearing some of your stories.

Maybe we can compare notes, I grew up in camps, it was a great time.