• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NEW DOZER

frankie

GOING TO BUY NEW DOZER FIRST QUARTER 22, GOING WANT 100 HP, ABOUT 22K WEIGHT
LOOKING AT CASE 850 , DEERE 650, POSSIBLY CAT D3
ANY FEEDBACK?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Good golly! Why is everyone yelling on a Sunday morning! You are making my tinnitus go EEEEEEE,......!

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
GOING TO BUY NEW DOZER FIRST QUARTER 22, GOING WANT 100 HP, ABOUT 22K WEIGHT
LOOKING AT CASE 850 , DEERE 650, POSSIBLY CAT D3
ANY FEEDBACK?
Frankie, having the caps lock on and using all caps is considered the same as raising your voice and shouting, no one is disrespecting you and will be glad to assist, just turn the caps off. People who are new to forums often make this mistake so do not feel offended.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
A question you need to think about is: Which brand has the best local support for parts and service? All the mentioned brands can have good and bad machines. Your parts and service support will be super important.
Jeff

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Bought a new D3 (the old D5K) back in the summer and it's been great so far. LGP with full cab, A/C the works. Eventually going to outfit it with GPS. It's got a couple 100 hours on and the only issue we had was a leaking hydro connection the dealer fixed.

I haven't ran it much but our superintendent loves it. It's well balanced better than our D5G. Thought we may have to put a winch or ripper on it help balance the tractor out but we didn't.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I have had 2 JD' s in that size. 650H and I currantly have a 700J. I have had very good reliability from both of them. The 700J has around 5500hrs on it with no major problems. I would defintly buy them again.

Rihpper

Occupation
Owner/operator
First off I’m a CAT fan. 99% of the parts we need are waiting in the drop box the next morning. My brother demoed a D1 and 450k. I ran them both and both are nice, with the 450k having a little more power but other than that the cat had better visibility, better controls, MUCH better cab and seat. EH seat mounted controls, and GPS ready. Overall a more modern comfortable and efficient machine. (My 2 cents) . He ordered the CAT