• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new Deere 'G" series

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
Thanks to 9420 pullpan for posting a picture of the new "G" series grader. in the "official Conexpo 2008 thread"

Im not sure if this is the model will have the new controls mentioned in other posts, but you can see that they have made some changes to the frame for sure. the front is no longer sloped, but is straight like a Cat grader, hopefully allowing higher blade lift. I also noticed the back end is a little longer and the Ripper/scarifier is set back a little more from the back end of the grader, and it dosent look like the grill extends below the line of the ripper. (which is a good thing. I have pulled mud into the grill before using the scarifer)

it still looks like the exaust pipe still will blow into your face while fueling your machine though. ( I know, I know, it should be shut off to refuel:))

GRANlTE

Actually it looks like they offer ground level fueling with the new "G".

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
here is another picture. thanks again Pullpan.

Attachments

• 872g.JPG
    872g.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,841

snowycuda

G series is not new, correct? They have been out since 2006. Anyone ever install a dealer installed kit on one of these? If so I may have written it.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
No... G-series hasn't been released yet. (They *look* like the D-series, which has been out for a couple of years, but have some major improvements/changes.)

snowycuda

You are right my bad. I have been away from Deere for awhile. I wrote all the Installation Instructions for the D series graders when they were released back in 06.

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
Saw the new G

Thanks to 9420 pullpan for posting a picture of the new "G" series grader. in the "official Conexpo 2008 thread"

Im not sure if this is the model will have the new controls mentioned in other posts, but you can see that they have made some changes to the frame for sure. the front is no longer sloped, but is straight like a Cat grader, hopefully allowing higher blade lift. I also noticed the back end is a little longer and the Ripper/scarifier is set back a little more from the back end of the grader, and it dosent look like the grill extends below the line of the ripper. (which is a good thing. I have pulled mud into the grill before using the scarifer)

it still looks like the exaust pipe still will blow into your face while fueling your machine though. ( I know, I know, it should be shut off to refuel:))

I didn't get a good chance to see the new G, but we did see Deere's answer to the joystick question. They basically placed 4 small levers on each arm rest and installed a very small steering wheel. To me it looked like a good transition from conventional levers to electric "fly by wire" controls. With this setup I think they will get a higher approval from the veteran operators and not just from the Playstation generation. We saw this in the simulator but didn’t get a chance to sit in the cab. Assume it was the same. I heard rumor the engine access panels were padlocked down tight. Possible prototype Tier 4 emissions engine installed or a hybrid of some sort?????????? I know as soon as the show was over that they got it out pretty quick.

JDMGrading

Motor Grader, James River equipment off of stateville road has a new 872G sitting in the yard, and they acctually welcome people to come check out the equipment.

edge600

D graders

funny that you mention that snowycuda - as I picked up where you left off on D grader instructions.....

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
changes

I don't think the frame change at the front will allow greater blade height. It appears that the blade lift area is the same as my D model.

I was curious about the changes to the frame just behind the cab? It appears they have moved the batteries and redesigned the center pivot area?? Hard to tell from the pics. It's definitely a little longer at the rear so maybe the batteries are under there somewhere. Otherwise it appears the cab and engine area are the same as the D model.

We just got our new D. We trade every 4 years so hopefully they'll have the bugs worked out of this model before we get one.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums ovrszd! :drinkup

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
comparison

I don't have a picture of our 770D from the same angle as the picture of the G model but it's good enough to make some visual comparisons.

Attachments

• 872g.JPG
    872g.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,402
  • DSC01842.JPG
    DSC01842.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,480

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
scarifier

Welcome to the forum ovrszd. What do you think of the front scarfiers/rippers or have you used them?

Let me first clarify what I do with a grader. I maintain 48 miles of crushed limestone roads. For taking out potholes, the scarifier works great. Or if I need to replace a road culvert, I rip up the gravel roadbed and save it to put back on top once done. Lastly, our snowplow attaches using the scarifier toolbar. Remove the teeth, slide the toolbar into the plow saddle, drop two pins behind the bar and it's installed. Takes two minutes to install or drop the plow. Also allows the plow to be lifted higher than the old Cat style three point hitch system. It's a great attachment that gets a lot of use.

Attachments

• DSC01881.jpg
    DSC01881.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,345

Grader4me

I've used both styles of scarfiers. I prefer the kind that is mounted behind the front wheels. I know that I'm getting off topic here, but so you have any pictures of the plow hook up that you described? Thanks in advance.