• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New D11Ts

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Saw some pics the other day of 21 new D 11Ts in Hastings yard in Brisbane the other week, any one no where theyre off to, some lucky operators are having their dreams come true. Cheers RDG013

458dave

Don't know if they're a dream come true or not...been fighting overheating and exhaust failures on mine for the whole 11 months I've been running it, grrrrr. Awfully nice from the glass in though!

big ben

Don't know if they're a dream come true or not...been fighting overheating and exhaust failures on mine for the whole 11 months I've been running it, grrrrr. Awfully nice from the glass in though!

Exhaust failures ? What exactly is failing, is this a Tier 4 ?

458dave

Exhaust failures ? What exactly is failing, is this a Tier 4 ?

Tech said more of a tier 3.5, all the tier 4 stuff is not yet implemented in this one yet. The failure is in a bellows that redirects a portion of the exhaust back in to be burned again. Replaced a head on the right bank and that fixed it on that side, now it is happening on the left bank. We are running 3 of these and all have had heat problems even in the winter (low teens) they do run about 21-22 hours per day 7 days a week tho

d9gdon

Tech said more of a tier 3.5, all the tier 4 stuff is not yet implemented in this one yet. The failure is in a bellows that redirects a portion of the exhaust back in to be burned again. Replaced a head on the right bank and that fixed it on that side, now it is happening on the left bank. We are running 3 of these and all have had heat problems even in the winter (low teens) they do run about 21-22 hours per day 7 days a week tho

That gives me nightmares of a Mercedes OM 460 truck engine. What a pile...won't be long till the onsite mechanics learn how to block off the bellows and do away with that crap when the warranty expires. I'd bet they have an EGR cooler on them to cool those redirected gases before hitting the intake? Cap it off as well when you block the bellows. Disgusting technology designed to maybe make it through the warranty period. I said maybe...

mine_mechanic

Occupation
heavy diesel mechanic
i use to work for Hasting's Deering in Brisbane assembling machines last year.My guess will be they havn't found homes to go to yet due to the down fall in mining.