• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New company and first job out of the gate

Mark Thompson

Occupation
Heavy Equipment operator and superintendent
Worked for years doing dirt work and ended up on the demo end of the company, after 14 years of working for them the company was bowed over with the economy flux and they started layoffs.

I lasted for 5 rounds of layoffs, but even after lasting that long it was down to a very small margin and received my layoff slip. Company was very good about it and even paid me my owed vacation, sick and two weeks check I did not have to come in for with a very good reference letter and personal guarantee from the President of the company that anyone would receive a very positive recommendation.

Forward two years and five jobs that was part finish the job work and undoing others screw ups to make it pass I was still looking for a full time job that offered a good work environment.

Make a long story short I found a new job and they are straight forward and very stable, after two weeks of interviews, back ground checks, drug test short of my first child's DNA sample I was called in for my final interview by the Vice President of the company for my 3rd and final interview.

Received my welcome aboard hand shake, all my company gear and my first job.:D

399,000+ square feet of building that has three months to come down to dirt.:eek:

Have to love the work:usa

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
How is the project going?