• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Caterpillar 265 Skids

jaclo

Anyone expecting deliveries on these in the near term? Mine is supposed to be here this week - I don't see any video out there of anyone putting them in the dirt yet so either I'm actually high up on the list, or the delivery date is overall much later than what I've been told!

for interest

jaclo

Do you have your machine yet jaclo?
I’ld be keen to hear your first impression.
I've heard some guys are getting theirs on the east coast. No word yet. I'm not optimistic about having it this month, based off of how some other irons in the fire I have are going.

Queenslander

I believe the first 255 in Australia was unveiled at field days in Sydney a week or so ago.
We, my sons at least, have ordered one which is supposed to be late June delivery.
Was scheduled to leave the Sanford NC plant last Tuesday, so we'll see how they go.

jaclo

to be clear, I am not trying to use this as a launchpad for some social media channel, I got my phone out and talked for way longer than I thought I was going to and I just thought I would share it here, hope there are some people that find some value.

Queenslander

Thanks for posting ..as good a review that I’ve seen so far.
You mentioned the possibility of getting a smart blade in the future..would that be Cat’s GB124 or another brand?

jaclo

Thanks for posting ..as good a review that I’ve seen so far.
You mentioned the possibility of getting a smart blade in the future..would that be Cat’s GB124 or another brand?
I would like to get a GB 124 but I have a GB 120 that is going to be a little more accessible to me on the pricing front as it is coming out of the cat dealer rental fleet. I’m gonna pursue that and see if I will be happy with the 120 over the 124 which I imagine I can be. I think I’m also going to put a 2-D grade control system on it whether that’s the earthworks 2-D or the gobox. I have full 3-D automatics on a dozer so I don’t need to get the fancy 3-D treatment.