• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Cat track loaders

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I heard that our company got a prototype for, what I can only assume is the new D-series Cat track loaders, last week. I haven't gotten to see it personally just yet, but here's some of what I've heard about them.

(this is a 963 model)

-The track frames are longer and have 2 carry rollers each
-The front idler is thinner and have nubs, almost like the drive sprocket though not as aggressively
-The bucket is closer to the tracks
-The engine compartment slopes even more and ends almost even with the tracks

Those are some of the bigger things i've heard. The operator apparently didn't like it because it's a little harder to see the bucket to grade with and apparently felt rougher too, but who knows:confused:

I was just wondering though if anyone else has seen these new loaders?

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I will have to ask Bill tomorrow. I think he said it's at Marris (sp??) Grove. If I happen across it I'll be sure to get a photo, though I've heard H&K got a test machine as well from G&R.