• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Cat Grader

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just checked it out. Much better machine than the M series. Nice to have the old style controls and cab back.

12h stoneman

Occupation
Stone base foreman/grader operator
I found it on the cat website, but I can’t get my local dealer to give me any information on when they will be available here.

12h stoneman

Occupation
Stone base foreman/grader operator
I’d like to have one. Hate to give up my old 12h, but I believe I would have to let her go if given the choice.

Have just looked at the Cat 140 brochure link that Graderfan posted. Cat has sure back tracked from the M series. I was a little disappointed in the torque specs. At 827 lb/ft, it's not bad, but still lacks the sheer "grunt power" of our Deeres. We have a pair of 770Gs,that have a low end torque rating of just over 900 lb/ft. They have 9L engines. That bit of extra torque is not required for normal grading, but is very help full when plowing snow. We had a pair of G946 Volvos before we bought the Deeres, and when doing heavy plowing, they were constantly downshifting, to the point of not throwing the snow far enough from the wing. They were rated slightly higher on hp, but only had, if I remember correctly, about 630 lb/ft of torque, coming out of 7.2L engines

Reactions: DB2

ippielb

I’d like to try a 140 with 6wd on one of my sites. I’ve become quite attached to my Deere 772g, way better then our 930g Volvo’s we had before. But the cat looks pretty good. Don’t know if it can match the Deere grunt though.