• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Cat excavator

dsichewski

I can't make out the lettering on the side to say what size machine it is....Makes me kinda think its in the area of the 345....maybe the 336D?

9420pullpan

It may look ugly, but take notice in the height of the hood/counterweight area. It is elevated due to all of the new I4 Emissions equipment. Within the next few years all of the equipment will look different b/c of the amount of space the emissions equipment takes up. I am interested to see what the new backhoes look like....

dynahoescott

:beatsmeActually, I think all the 300 series machines are ugly. They are so simillar regardless of the respective brands. For my money, the old 200 series machines were the pinnacle of what a hoe should look like. It seems in our times now we have to make them so a broad would even feel comfortable in it.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I like it. Looks like an awesome machine. Things are going to start changing as far as design to accomadate the new equipment required to comply with the new standards that have to be meet. Along with the design changes will be a substancial cost increase. Progress don't you just love it.

xamon

Hello everyone, I think this is the new Caterpillar E-series, we see that surprises await us at Bauma 2010.

A greeting.

:eek:

9420pullpan

the cost are going to be dramatic, significant increase @ 8-12%, plus the annual increase......

About the Power Edge, i wish they would incorporate more black instead of flooding it with yellow!

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I'm thinking its a 336... 345 booms are a little more heafty.

I agree wtih you pullpan... Cat's been going crazy with the yellow lately.

alco

They got all the yellow on sale.........that's why they're using so much of it...lol.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
i heard the cabs are bigger now. i dont know if its true but i hope so a little more space would be fun. i dont know does the cab look bigger in the pic or is it just me?

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
i dunno i like it...i think that machine looks more like a 320 sized machine

sultan

I zoomed in the photo a lot and it says its a 336E. I'm curious about the future lineup of E series excavators. I hope the Tier 4 emissions stuff doesn't hurt the efficiency, reliability, and price too much though.

excavator591

a very nice JCB
at Intermat 2009

excavators.jpeg

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
It is Caterpillar. It is supposed to be yellow. Not a fan of black here.

Progress, Bull Crap!!! Up the emission standards? All that has ever done is increase the fuel consumption and the cost of the engine.

Your government at work with our tax dollars. VOTE TO THROW ALL OF THE BUMS OUT AT EVERY LEVEL AT THE NEXT AND FUTURE ELECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

esobofh

Occupation
Senior Business Analyst
I think it looks great

I like the elevated back section - it looks more 'Beffy" to me ;)

And the fact that it's alot of yellow.. well to me CAT is yellow.. I say.. pour it on!

xamon

Yup, I was right. It's the new 336E excavator. Here's the official high resolution photo: http://twitpic.com/12mxrt/full

Looks like they reduced the tail swing a tiny bit too (but less than it initially appears due to the taller body.

We have you in advance, sultan, thanks for the input, anyway, here you have the other image is in the same place.
http://twitpic.com/12myfp/full

The truth is precious, we will see answered in the workplace.

A greeting.