• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Case Series

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
I was just looking at the new case skidloaders and had a question. How does the new vertical lift work? From looking at the photos it looks the same as the radial lift. I like the higher break out, but I don't like the decrease in the reach. Will be losing 11 in. from 40 in. to 29 in.. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or info.

dave esterns

hey there guy. well i dont have any documentation on anything i am about to say but... it seems to me the new vertical lift is just an update of the new holland super boom. they got rid of some of the support braces just to make things nicer and they hid some of the linkage more towards the rear of the machine, but the concept is still the same. similar to a deere boom. nothing like the case series 3 vertical lift boom though. the vertical lift boom would definitely be weaker than a radial boom. as far as the reach, it shouldn't really be any different than the super boom was. those numbers you have i would say were measured from different locations, or are the numbers on the radial lift boom.

stuvecorp

I was just looking at the new case skidloaders and had a question. How does the new vertical lift work? From looking at the photos it looks the same as the radial lift. I like the higher break out, but I don't like the decrease in the reach. Will be losing 11 in. from 40 in. to 29 in.. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or info.

That is a good question. I think the new vertical boom is the reason? I was kinda hoping a 465 style vertical boom would happen on the new series.

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
I dont know about where the measurements were taken from. These are just the measurements that case has on their website. I couldnt find a photo of a vertical lift in the raised position is the main reason for the thread. I too was hoping for the same vertical lift as earlier models. So Dave, you think that it is going to be the as the Deere model. That is not what i was hoping for. It might just be me but, I would think that that would be alot of unneed stress on bushing and such. I have demoed a Deere ctl before and was not impressed with the arm configuration. Now this was a few years back but at full height they had way to much side to side motion. Seemed like they were going to break off. I know it is probably a no no but i use mine as a portable scaffold and the deere was way to unstable side to side that is.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The Vertical lift design has nothing to do with a current NH machine. The specs do show as you point out a 10 inch reduction in reach. I am not sure the number is right (although it may prove to be). The SV300 shows a ROC of 2500 on the website. It is actually 3000. The high flow is also not correct the gpm listed on the site. You would think releasing a new machine, they would want to make sure the specs are correct on the website, but obviously they are not all correct. I did not check any other machines. I sent CASE an email reference the mistakes.

The lift design felt strong I thought, I corner loaded the TV380 and lifted until the machine would no longer lift and I noticed little flex in the loader arms. Cant say what will happend after 2500 hours but new it was tight. We were told that the radial lift machines on the new series lift higher than the 400 series and so the reach is reduced at max lift height due to the increase in lift height. Comparing a 400 series with a SR machine and at they are within an inch of having the same reach, once the SR lifts beyond the the max height of the 400 series machine the bucket starts traveling over the machine and the reach is reduced. I don't recall anything being said about the reach on the vertical machines. Perhaps they did not want to discuss the reach reduction. We did not have access to all the specs of the new machine at that time. I would have liked to ask them about the reach of the vertical machines.

stuvecorp

I'm getting more and more use to the new look. I'm hoping the reach numbers are a typo like the high flow numbers. The one dealer here said a SV300 should hit the ground the first week in March.

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
Does anyone know where a pic. is of the vertical lift is fully raised. So that i can see what it does look like. From the pics. on the website it just looks like the radial lift.

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
It looks to me that they just move the blind spot farther forward and add more movement of the rear of the boom, that i believe will prove to be the wrong move. i dont like the way the main arm cylinder is connected to the body. It looks to be a little light. I dont mean to be negative, but i am just a fan of the old vertical lift. I have never heard of any design errors with it so why change and lose reach, which is the point of the vertical lift. Oh well it will all sort out in the wash.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I got a reponse back from CASE. The reach is not a typo it is 30". That does suck. I also like the design of the old vertical lift. I am also ok with updating, due to the long stroke of the lift cylinder it was a little slow, but don't go backward with the specs when releasing a new machine.

dave esterns

ah. maybe the lack of reach is a safety feature. some vertical lift machines move outward at the top of the lift path. so you might be able to lift a load just fine only to topple over forward just as you reach the top of the lift path. could this be possible?

stuvecorp

I got a reponse back from CASE. The reach is not a typo it is 30". That does suck. I also like the design of the old vertical lift. I am also ok with updating, due to the long stroke of the lift cylinder it was a little slow, but don't go backward with the specs when releasing a new machine.

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't have given up that much reach on the Alphas.

dave esterns

so i sat in a new new holland skid steer today. i was not really impressed at all. surprisingly the cab was cramped even though they boast the largest in the industry. the main problem was the joystick bases were right where my legs/knees would normally be. so the side of my leg was continually jammed into the hard/flimsy plastic guard. sure the cab is wide above the arm rests, but what good is that? its not much wider at my knees than the old case series was. visibility i thought was poor. but i guess im comparing to a jcb.