• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Buyer For Recommendations

Eric Umbarger

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I've been out of town the last five days at an endurance horse race so I haven't been able to reply. All of you make great points. I was originally under the impression the CTLs were the Goldilocks of "small heavy equipment" but after reading through everyone's replies it seems I was wrong in that assumption. I'm liking the sound of a 4x4 tractor with enough horsepower to pull a batwing at decent speed or maybe even see if I can use one on the 5030, I wasn't aware it was strong enough to handle that. In the long run I'm really just trying to save time, since time is money. Maybe at some point I could buy a smaller CTL to play with but it seems like renting one for occasional fencing or forestry projects might leave my wallet in a happier place.

Thanks again!