• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Bobcat Models?

Timark80

Heard thru the grapevine a T380,steel track option with 100hp CTL sometime this summer.
Let me know if you find any pics.

Stick Pro

i hope bobcat comes out with something good they need to we have been a customer sice bobcat came out and we had to go to the other side witch would be cat a better product in my opinion after a few complications with bobcat such as dealer suport and there products just not up to standard like they used to be but more on the dealer suport side i am curious what they got this year they just might get me back they got alot of work to do

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
When did punctuation drop from the English Language?

I have not heard of any new products for this year, but a little birdy tells me that a hybrid-electric model is coming sometime in the future.

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
When did punctuation drop from the English Language?

LOL I have a hard time reading posts without punctuation, too. Surely, this is not the only person who does so.

To answer your question, it never has. But, with the increase in these types of venues and this type of communication, changes are sure to take place. Linguists believe that entire "different" but correct languages evolved from the inital bastardization of another.

Perhaps the habit starts with stupid-sounding run-on screen name, and goes from there?

I resigned myself to simply taking the little extra time to read and comprehend such posts, refrain from comment as it tends to offend, and concentrate on the issues at hand rather than the format in which the information is presented.

It also helps to keep others from thinking me some kind of intellectual elitist snob spelling and grammar nazi.:D

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
It also stops people from scrutinizing your every post, looking for mistakes, so they can throw it in your face.:)

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
the electric hybrid idea has been kicked around for about 5 years or more i started 3 years ago and the district service manager said they were think of and testing one but not going into production they did a full redesign on both the loaders and the mini x's renumbered the x's to fit the metric scale of machine weight or lift one of the two and i guess they made a few new models with a extended frame or they are calling them extended medium frames and large frames the t380 i have heard of also being releaed don't know exact details on them but they should be showing up soon they released about october last year 08 in a slow test run of about 20 to 30 machines in production and are slowly going to ramp up production you probably wont see many of them soon because they still have a few hundred or more skids and x's sitting not moving on the plant production line they shut it down for 2 or 4 weeks back in december for retooling and because nothing was being sold thats all i know at this time ill keep you posted if i see or hear anything else

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
I have personnally ran the prototype hybrid machine. It was an S250 less its standard drivetrain, and counterweight. There is a small 4 cylinder diesel that drive a generator, that charges a large bank of batteries. The batteries are Li-ion, and replace the counterweight. The batteries then drive the electric motors that are in place of the hyrdaulic drives of a normal machine. The hydraulics also have some sort of regeneration system on them. The hydraulic pump is also electric drive. It operated like any other skid steer, but you don't have a throttle. It is also much quieter, and did not require hearing protection.

It is weird that the motor only throttles up as needed. I would say it is still a year to two for production.

mdterp

steel tracks for current models, should know something soon. New larger mxs in the spring...new ctl/ssl in summer...but the economy will determine the release dates.

Digdeep

My Bobcat contact told me that they had steel tracks on a T250 at World of Concrete this week.

Yellowdog

why go to steel tracks on a CTL? Add all that weight and take away the good power to weight ratio? How much better is a CTL over an OTT track system? Anyone have an honest opinion?

mudman

Yes at the World of Concrete they did have a T250, with the steel tracks. The guy I talked to working the booth said it was very noisy on the open cab machine. It also had a very heavy dozer blade on it that looked very heavy duty, but maybe to heavy for a skid.

Digdeep

Yes at the World of Concrete they did have a T250, with the steel tracks. The guy I talked to working the booth said it was very noisy on the open cab machine. It also had a very heavy dozer blade on it that looked very heavy duty, but maybe to heavy for a skid.

Maybe Bobcat thinks it can replace an old CAT D2 or something. i do think it would push very well.

I could imagine how noisy it would be in the cab. I'd hate to be the operator in that thing because it would beat the snot out of you if that thing has any kind of ground speed- way worse that any of the rigid machines on frozen ground. I can't see the undercarriage and thr sprockets lasting that long either if the machine still goes around 6mph with the steel track option. Anybody have an idea of what it costs?

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
I'm surprised there are no 'spy' photos out there yet

does the word phoenix ring any bells?

hadley

Steel tracks would be for those that really need them. Demolition destroys rubber, land clearing guys typically are using loud attachments anyway and can be so far away that the risk of a broken track would be costly. The hp/weight ratio works differently than you might think. JD 332 will push a T300/T320 around all day long because it weighs nearly 1000 pounds more, not because its more powerful, but has more traction. Too much HP will simply wear tracks out prematurely. Ask someone who owns the big TAK. Too much HP causes that thing to brake traction in many applications.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Steel tracks would be for those that really need them. Demolition destroys rubber, land clearing guys typically are using loud attachments anyway and can be so far away that the risk of a broken track would be costly. The hp/weight ratio works differently than you might think. JD 332 will push a T300/T320 around all day long because it weighs nearly 1000 pounds more, not because its more powerful, but has more traction. Too much HP will simply wear tracks out prematurely. Ask someone who owns the big TAK. Too much HP causes that thing to brake traction in many applications.

The Deere is more powerful. The Bobcat puts out about 217 foot pounds of torque in the 300. The Deere is 254 on the 332. I don't have the torque rating in on the 320. Combine the additional weight and more torque and the Deere should out push a BC.

Yellowdog

The Deere is more powerful. The Bobcat puts out about 217 foot pounds of torque in the 300. The Deere is 254 on the 332. I don't have the torque rating in on the 320. Combine the additional weight and more torque and the Deere should out push a BC.

T320 should be around 230 ftlbs