• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Bobcat E42 - track won't stay tight, one zerk won't take grease

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That kind of illustrates why prolink thumbs are so nice. Much more articulation of the thumb. I doubt a prolink is available on such a small machine, but they are worth the money if you do a lot of thumb work.

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
When reaching out to pick something up try pushing thumb out with bucket in full dump position push against whatever you want pickup with thumb,close bucket till you have hold of it. When in close keep thumb up bucket about level to ground till you touch what you want to what to pick up close thumb.
See if this helps any.
Good luck
I give that a try when I'm playing with the thumb. One of my many ranch projects is to demolish an old deer blind - I'll really need the thumb for that.

That kind of illustrates why prolink thumbs are so nice. Much more articulation of the thumb. I doubt a prolink is available on such a small machine, but they are worth the money if you do a lot of thumb work.
Bobcat has something along those lines called ProClamp but you have to manually reposition the extension part of the thumb if you wanted to say pick up pipe or use for logging. That might be useful for the larger Bobcat midi excavators but it's fairly heavy for a smaller machine as I recall.

My salesman was politely miffed I didn't add $25k worth of options when I ordered mine - he called my E42 "basic" but "it was want I wanted." Yup. Don't need a ProClamp, travel alarm, strobe light, second set of auxiliaries, angle blade, etc.