• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need to flush hydraulic system after bad cylinder

69zfarmer

I just bought a 1996 1845c with a bad clam cylinder on the 4in1 bucket.I never found the nut that holds the alumiumn piston on rod it must have been been ground up because i found alot of pieces of metal from nut and threads on rod and alumiumn from the piston.I am going to replace the fluid and filter.What is the procedure to flush the system?

Goose

The debris could be in the other 4-1 cylinder, lines, couplers and auxillary valve under the floorplate. After that all of the return oil from the auxillary valve goes to the filter and back to the tank. I would checheck all of these items, drain the tank and check for debris down in the front bottom corner of the tank and replace the filter. Cut the filter apart and you will most likely find alot of the debris.

dsichewski

the ultimate best way to clean the hydraulic system would be to pull every line apart and run a sponge projectile through it, inspect and reseal the cylinders as they will hold pieces, reseal/replace all the valves and reseal the control valve. flush the tank to remove the pieces stuck in the bottom.
Now the likely hood of that happening is slim as it costs allot for all the time and parts...

another route could be to flush out the bucket lines going from both cylinders all the way to the control valve and then hook up a kidney loop cart to your hydraulic system after you drain and refill the tank of oil and let it cycle for quite a few hrs, run the machine every now and then to cycle the oil through the cylinders to get it back to the tank to filter it...

you might also want to look into installing a clean out hyd filter for the first say 100 hrs to help get rid of the small contaminants. its a smaller micron filter so will catch the smaller particles...

Have you ran the machine since the failure happened? if so I would cut the hydraulic filter open and inspect it to see how much debris has made it to the filter...this can give you a small indication at how bad the contamination is in the system. look in the bottom of the tank for pieces as well...

Good luck

Occupation
PS manager
Could some one tell me where we can buy, who supply kidney loop cart use for hydraulic sys, transmission with the flow max about 400 LPM
Many thanks, M THANG