• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need someone to id vehical

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
helo,

i have taken pics of a construction yard and they have this machine in there,it is like a heavy tractor with 2 sheeps foot drums in the back as wheels and regular ruber in the front,the pictures arent the best,but i whould like to know is who makes it,the machine is in front of the old drills.

jdm57.jpg

jdm47.jpg

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Thats a Ferguson self propelled sheeps foot. From what Ive heard from some older operators they could really get roll on a large fill. Mostly used where the fill was around a foot thick but a large areal. Sure saved on running a crawler pulleing a sheeps foot. You sat side ways so you could easily see forward and reverse runs. Before I saw the picture I was guessing it would have been an old Euclid 4 wheel tractor or an old DW21 Cat with their rear wheels replaced to make compcators, never thought Id see another Fergusson again.

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
thanks for the help,it help out a lot.The company that owns it, paint there vehicals green and when they paint they remove the decals and also remove all help for me to id a machine. Are these vehicals rare?This is the only one i saw in my life.ANy picutres that anyone else taken of this machine would help also if posted.Thanks.