• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need some opinions on an Isuzu

Cody danos

Do any of y’all have any experience with the older models Isuzu COEs ?
I recently purchased an 06 NPR diesel. It has 133k miles and runs & drive really good.
After i bought it I did some light maintenance on it and didn’t find any huge issues. It’s a pretty beat up work truck, but it suits my needs pretty well.

the only thing I found so far that I’m not sure about is the steering gearbox. On the top There appears to be a snap ring or seal or something that’s missing. It’s a little oily but it doesn’t seem to be leaking. I hope it shows up in the picture.

I’m not exactly a mechanic, but it’s a
pretty basic and straight forward truck
upload_2021-10-19_20-40-45.jpeg

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
All is there, just looks like someone wiped the grease off around it but there is a seal up there and that oil you see is from somewhere else. If it were leaking it wouldn't look like that.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
The few I know around here really like them with the exception of one guy that had gremlins. But that was a gas engine job. I really like their industrial diesels and the ones that come in the truck are pretty similar to the industrial ones.

Cody danos

Thanks. It’s my daily work truck, but I never really drive it out of a 40/50 mile radius.
It’s a 5.2L and it runs strong, should have a bit of life left in it