• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need some help...

Americansteel65

I just saved another old workhorse from the scrap yard demise. It's a P&H 255ATC serial # 16021. Anyone have a way of dating this unit? I have not been able to find much on serial number to dates on the older P&H cranes.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated...She needs alot of TLC but I just did not have the heart to let her become scrap.

Thanks...Joe

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
1960s to early 70s, doubt anyone has a date catalog to s/n on these. May want to locate the engine data tag, may have a build date on it.

Delmer

Any tail lights or turn signal lenses with a date on them? that date might be the best one you'll get.

Americansteel65

Thank you both...great ideas both of them. The upper crane motor is the Waukesha 6MZA and from I can see of the carriers motor it appears to be a Cummins non turbo inline 6. I still have to jack up the cranes boom to gain full access to the carriers motor.

Raildudes dad

If it has a FWD carrier, Seagraves in WI the fire truck builder has all the records. I owned a 1966bPH 215TC on an FWD carrier. Seagraves sold me a complete builders sheet/ book for the machine by it's serial #