• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Perkins help on T6.354.4 injectors (perkins experts)

rebible

Don't now what forum to post this in.
I bought a 6x6 water truck 2.5 ton military variations which someone converted to a perkins.
Serial number of the engine is TU70122U6766739J
I think it is 1982 T6.354.4 It is a turbocharged 6
The injectors are pretty rough shape and redneck spray testing on cardboard shows they aren't working evenly..(only two are real bad)
the local shop wants a fortune to rebuild.
numbers on injectors are 245f004-035 and 2645f004-035

what is my best economical solution.
This truck is for ranch fire protection,, but it needs to be able to pull up the hills which it is barely doing now with copious white smoke..

thanks,
robert

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Do u happen to know what tip/nozzle is in it.??
U need a special jig to take them apart w/o breaking the tiny locating pins in the intermediate plate.. DONT TRY IT.
And u need the jig to hold the injector body while the nozzle nut gets torqued.

Delmer

You could email thepumpguysc ( at aol dot com ) and see if he's interested in replacing the tips and pop testing them. He's helped out countless people on here.

Or you could find two decent used ones, and run it a while, or find some rebuilt or aftermarket ones online. I'd go with the new tips from somebody who knows what they're doing.