• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Help

ecocrusher1

My mechanic is desperately looking for a jeep scrambler. I am asking for help on here because he doesnt use a computer and consumes my lunch hour having me search for one. If anyone knows anyone East of the Mississippi that is looking to get rid of one or knows of one that maybe available please let me know. The scrambler is a jeep with a truck bed. I believe they stopped making them in the early 90's. Thank you for your help.

mag6000

eco,

Do a Google search for Jeep Scrambler. Lots of leads will come up. The Scrambler was manufactured between 1981 and 1986 and very low production. Less than 30,000 units. Is your mechanic aware of the likelyhood of severe sticker shock when shopping for one of these Jeeps? He can expect to pay anywhere from 8-20k depending on condition and accessories.

Good luck!

Randy

ecocrusher1

Yeah he is aware of the sticker price of them but i think he is looking for one that is in need of some tlc. He recently recieved a settlement from a previous job where he lost a finger so he is planning on buying a beater and fixing it up. Thank you:notworthy for the advice I have tried that route already and unfortunately due to the limited number that were produced it is a tough find.:Banghead Most people that would have that type of vehicle would probably not use the internet anyway since it has probably been sitting in their yard for 15 years collecting rust, nature's preservative. :drinkup