• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Help With JCB - Espresso!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Found this as a new operator comfort feature in the new 3CX 'Elite' - coffee machine! & a built in cooler box for the milk!
The stuff they think of to get sales nowdays......:cool:

Imagine the service calls a dealer could get -
"need someone out here now! the boys in the smoko queue are getting restless!
" please, please, the machine just stopped working, I need it desperately, I was right in the middle of a pour & it just stopped!"

:idea I wonder if we could fit one to a 580B.......:tong

Attachments

• JCB Coffee.jpg
    JCB Coffee.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 283

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Yet another gimmicky idea from JCB, imagine the dust & grit sticking to everything. We have bought a new JCB 3CX Contractor with the latest tier3B engine they advertise a 9% fuel saving over the previous model, unfortunately we have found the exact opposite, the new engine with exhaust gas recirculation is very thirsty so be warned. Has anyone else noticed that over the years everytime they make an engine "greener" it uses more fuel WTF!
Take care,
Ex tractor fan.

Extractorfan

Occupation
Hi Robin, no I hav'nt told them yet but I will be letting them know. The previous JCB engines Tier. 3A were very good on fuel compared to outgoing Perkins. One of my aggregate suppliers was telling me that he has noticed less fuel economy on his tippers as the emissions have become more stringent.
Thanks for your reply,
Ex tractor fan.

Extractorfan

Occupation
Robin, BMC, that takes me back, our first 3C was 1970 model, no rubber mounts on engine it wore its self into the chassis & required building back up with weld or shims - more than once. I remember coming home in the evening, replacing the clutch for the next days work. our last 3C was a 1980 Powertrain with a balanced BMC engine & rubber mounts between chassis & engine it ran like a sewing machine, an easy machine to work on, unlike todays complications using ECU's, but that's progress and hopfully reliability! ha ha time will tell.
Ex tractor fan.

robin yates uk

I worked for Hamstead Plant at one time.One of their 3Cs had a splitter box giving12 gears in high range.I was clocked down Mucklow Hill, Halesowen at 55mph......:pointhead

Extractorfan

Occupation
Robin, sounds like that machine had a chance with the land speed record(for a JCB), you were some brave lad!, remembering the corrections required with the steering wheel to keep the thing straight on the road especially when the pins had a bit of wear!
Ex tractor fan.

d4c24a

you should have the tier 4i if its the latest machine ,with the single hyd pump setup ,as opposed to the 3 pump eco hash up
i find the 2011 3cx i have drinks more than the older perkins

Extractorfan

Occupation
you should have the tier 4i if its the latest machine ,with the single hyd pump setup ,as opposed to the 3 pump eco hash up
i find the 2011 3cx i have drinks more than the older perkins
d4c24a
Yes we have the tier4i I didn't fancy the 3 pump "eco" as there was no need for it, they(JCB) were catering for those who run the engine flat out when using the backhoe, so we kept our 2010 3CX (none eco) until the new model was released. We would not normally buy a new model as you are the test bed for the factory ,anyway we have it for better or worse, my business partner likes it and it's his mount.
Ex tractor fan

robin yates uk

the guy who witnessed my stupidity was a fitter ,Brian for the company.He was alongside in his van and said he had never seen such concentration on a face Ah, oh to be young again.

Extractorfan

Occupation
Robin, could that super fast 3C by any chance have been the fore runner to the fastrac? You were years ahead - very enterprising.

d4c24a

i had a go on the 3cx with the one variable displacement pump (like the BL71) at plantworx and found it worlds apart from the 2011 eco i have
shame about the rest of the quality letting jcb down , i have had 6 hoses go now , none due to damage ,either pin holes or swaging leaking
rear tyres did not make a 1000 hrs

Extractorfan

Occupation
d4c25a,
sorry to hear about your hose issues, I found on the 3/4CX the hoses were bending on too tight a radius particularly the breaker hoses in the boom base. The other issue we have had a few times is the bulkhead plate on the kingpost bending then breaking, we solved this by making a new one out of a gauge thicker steel. We had Michelin MCXL radial tyres on our 2010 3CX the rears were 50% at 2600 hours fronts were 25%. The hoseing problems are not confined to JCB a friend of mine bought a new Logset timber harvester and he had issues with leaks from the hose ferrules due to them not been swaged to the vernier setting,the dealer told him it was the way he was driving the machine! WTF! I have a 2012 CAT 434E the hoseing and paint work are superb but it's a heavy cow, probably near 11 tonne with spare buckets up front & we have a lot of steep hills in my area so I have to be patient when travelling(so does following traffic).
Good luck,
Ex tractor fan.